Steve Jobs reserves his Leaf just today!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bicster

Have been sort-of paying attention to the WWDC keynote over here, and I noticed Jobs showing off a Nissan Leaf ad. Nissan will be promoting the Leaf to Apple users. More fuel for the Mac vs PC debate? :roll:
f1275935134.jpg

I'm watching Jobs, Gavin. I was so surprised to see the LEAF ad and app. Great ad about the future.

Bicster said:
I'm guessing he'll stick with his Benz.

Who knows ?

Fiskar commented in PopScience that Monocco's king refused to be photographed next to an ICE car - and that is when it dawned upon Fiskar that the ICEage is coming to an end. He also mentioned DeCaprio - who could buy any car but drove a Prius.

May be Nissan can get both Jobs & Gates to drive a Leaf. Wouldn't that be a coup ...

evnow said:
Bicster said:
I'm guessing he'll stick with his Benz.

Who knows ?

Fiskar commented in PopScience that Monocco's king refused to be photographed next to an ICE car - and that is when it dawned upon Fiskar that the ICEage is coming to an end. He also mentioned DeCaprio - who could buy any car but drove a Prius.

May be Nissan can get both Jobs & Gates to drive a Leaf. Wouldn't that be a coup ...

As long as they keep "Wozniak" away from the Leaf, we will be ok. Wozniak had some issues with his 2010 Prius's DRCC (Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, essentialy following radar), I have it, it works perfectly, as long as you read the manual and understand what it's supposed to do (Woz couldn't be bothered reading the manual)

I searched the "app store" high and low, there is no "Nissan Leaf", or "Leaf" app out yet, they must have been showing a test/developer app...

Bicster said:
I think they were showing an in-app interactive advertisement that will be delivered by the iAd network.

Yep, you are correct...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/steve-jobs-live-from-wwdc-2010/?sort=newest&refresh=0

IOS 4.0 on Free June 21st... iAd's start on July 1st

Nissan is really targeting the iPhone for their charging and Leaf apps, if you can't tell...

"11:25AM "I pulled one ad in process which was a Nissan ad. They're going to use it to advertise their electric car, the Leaf. They were hesitant to have me show you, but I convinced them.""

Good publicity there. Congrats to Nissan!

It's unfortunate that Steve Jobs said you have to have an iPhone to reserve a Leaf - "So now we've got this cool navigator on the bottom. It spins the car. The only way you'll be able to get one of these is through this ad on the iPhone. So if you want to get a Leaf you need to get an iPhone..." - but it probably won't turn away many, on the other hand it might serve to increase iPhone sales.

mitch672 said:
"11:25AM "I pulled one ad in process which was a Nissan ad. They're going to use it to advertise their electric car, the Leaf. They were hesitant to have me show you, but I convinced them.""

How much would have Nissan paid Jobs so that he could convince them ? :lol:

Azrich said:
I'm watching Jobs, Gavin. I was so surprised to see the LEAF ad and app. Great ad about the future.
The Nissan iAd is clever.
It flips 'range anxiety' on it's head and makes it about how much more range a LEAF gives you compared to ICE vehicles. That disparity is likely to increase in the coming years. Along with things like how many more miles / $ of maintenance etc.

f1275935289.jpg

Just read the engadget article - I'm surprised at all the publicity Leaf is getting at MacWorld.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/steve-jobs-live-from-wwdc-2010/

"I pulled one ad in process which was a Nissan ad. They're going to use it to advertise their electric car, the Leaf. They were hesitant to have me show you, but I convinced them."

"So now we've got this cool navigator on the bottom. It spins the car. The only way you'll be able to get one of these is through this ad on the iPhone. So if you want to get a Leaf you need to get an iPhone..."

So, he is actually selling iPhone using Leaf (the above statement is for a free Leaf) - is Leaf now "cooler" than Apple products or what ?

Back