Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hill said:
Changing the subject abruptly . . . There's a city council member (named "Stocks) in Encinitas that recently received a Leaf (thanks to evnow for the find on the Prius forum) ... not much detail, but maybe it's worth posting it onto the spreadsheet?
Actually, that was found out by someone here - not me - in the thread I had linked earlier.

BTW, my est date is now back to Feb.

Hill,
A "hug might help," but seeing my car would be so much better.

John Paul,

Clearly you and I are of the same mind, and others here are much more "patient and forgiving."

Others...
I am quite prepared to "love my LEAF," but I will easily be able to separate that appreciation from the several months of callous treatment I believe we have been receiving from Nissan Corporate. I am GREATLY impressed with my Nissan LEAF dealer and sales staff. Last week I made a stopover visit (it is about 90 miles from my house) to meet with the sales manager there and thank him for all his attention and feedback.

But buying a car for me is also a significant part simply a business transaction and an economic event. I am not sure about others here, but I like to budget and plan my personal and significant economic activity. I am comfortable with many spontaneous purchases of a trivial level, but a car is not, for me, a trivial investment. Hence the continued instability in the transition from my previous/current vehicle(s) and the ordered LEAF, BASED ON THE PROJECTIONS from NISSAN when I ordered (December 2010, etc.) has been very disturbing. I regularly replace my cars every 2-3 years and have always ordered to my specifications what I was to get (at least since my first Toyota Mark II in 1972 which did come "off the lot.). I have NEVER had such an inconsistent feedback on arrival experience. Perhaps others here are not as frustrated since they may have had similar experiences with car orders before?

GeorgeParrott said:
I have NEVER had such an inconsistent feedback on arrival experience. Perhaps others here are not as frustrated since they may have had similar experiences with car orders before?
You seem to think this is just another car - so your experience should be similar. We know it is not just another car. So, our expectations are suitably tempered and we are more forgiving.

That I think is the main difference.

ps : Personally I've also been an early adopter of several new technologies and know that it involves a lot of patience and waiting. Do you really expect buying the first mass produced EV would be the same as buying any ICE which are being produced continuously for 100 years ?

evnow, I know we disagree on this, but YES, I expect this would be the same as ordering any other car. Really.

The manufacturing line has been established, and supply chain and delivery logistics are remarkably identical to any other new car introduction.

More accurately, any low-volume high-demand/low-supply car. This isn't the first car ever built with a slow factory ramp-up and eager buyers. To suggest that EV "changes everything" in terms of logistics is just false. The battery and motor are no different than any nother niche engine that Nissan uses. There are FEWER options in the LEAF than most of their product line.

This is Nissan, FFS, one of the largest manufacturers in the world. We're not talking about a conversion garage in Chino or a custom coach outfit making Maybachs. Once the engineering, R&D, and certifications are done, it's just a car. Look at the assembly line videos.. Versa, LEAF, Juke.. it all rolls down the line.

So yeah, while I'll cut Nissan some slack for goodwill, I'm not willing to just throw the whole request for communication out with "EV Changes Everything! They just happen, nobody knows when they build them! Stop asking them for info on your order because it's an EV." Nope.

That said, my blood pressure has gone down quite a bit since I have my delivery month, so I'm joining the happy choir now.

All you poor bastids with no delivery date, no RAQ, or no Reservation timeframe -- relax! Chill. Stop your whining. You'll get your car soon. After all, I have my delivery date. :)

GroundLoop said:
More accurately, any low-volume high-demand/low-supply car. This isn't the first car ever built with a slow factory ramp-up and eager buyers. To suggest that EV "changes everything" in terms of logistics is just false. The battery and motor are no different than any nother niche engine that Nissan uses. There are FEWER options in the LEAF than most of their product line.
One big difference, which you have not considered, is the EVSE. If you remember a lot of the heartburn was because of problems with AV and Ecotality.

There is another large difference, which would not be a consideration for a niche gas guzzler. Possibility of tax rebates expiring in Japan affecting deliveries in the US. If we didn't have this problem, we would have had more than 5 times the # of cars delivered by now in the US.

So yeah, while I'll cut Nissan some slack for goodwill, I'm not willing to just throw the whole request for communication out with "EV Changes Everything! They just happen, nobody knows when they build them! Stop asking them for info on your order because it's an EV." Nope.
Nobody said Nissan shouldn't communicate better or we shouldn't press for better communication. So you are opposing a position nobody has taken and in effect trying to imply that, that is the position we are taking, which is plainly false. That is just a strawman.

My Estimated delivery week was February 11th for the past FOUR days. Spoke to my dealer and Nissan for the past few days and they assured me it would be arriving soon! Today my dashboard says estimated Delivery Week of February 23rd! I don't want to type how angry I am!
I called Nissan and they said my LEAF is in "transit". I live 25 miles from the port in Los Angeles/Long BEACH! I said whoever is transporting on the trucks needs to be addressed! I think my LEAF is still sitting at Nissan's builing at the port...

JPC2822 said:
My Estimated delivery week was February 11th for the past FOUR days. Spoke to my dealer and Nissan for the past few days and they assured me it would be arriving soon! Today my dashboard says estimated Delivery Week of February 23rd! I don't want to type how angry I am!
I hope they are doing some good updates. Don't see why there would be delays like this, otherwise.

GroundLoop said:
The manufacturing line has been established, and supply chain and delivery logistics are remarkably identical to any other new car introduction.

My wife and I were probably one of the first 100 people in California to order a Nissan Altima Hybrid when it became available in March, 2007 (the few cars on the lots were stripped down versions w/cloth seats and she wanted leather and a factory nav system). From order to delivery, it was 6 weeks. There was no on line account to check delivery week--just a quick call or email to our dealer, who saw it on his dashboard all the way through the factory and delivery. That car was, arguably, more technically complex than the LEAF due to the combination of electric motor and ICE plus CVT (Nissan did license the hybrid synergy drive from Toyota but used many of its own components).

The point is that Nissan knows how to introduce cars. It would be nice if we could all get an email from them saying what we all know, i.e., that "world economics" lead them to fill their Japanese orders with more urgency than the US orders.

Having said that, though, I'm sure all the frustration will be forgotten within 2 weeks of taking delivery. The Altima Hybrid has been a great car, but the LEAF will be even better.

Hello,
My estimated delivery date changed to Feb 28th. It's kinda funny, it looks better but it's still the same "week of" as Mar 2nd but somehow it now looks better, kinda like 4.99 looks less than 5 bucks. :lol:

evnow said:
GeorgeParrot said:
I have NEVER had such an inconsistent feedback on arrival experience.
You seem to think this is just another car - so your experience should be similar. We know it is not just another car. So, our expectations are suitably tempered and we are more forgiving.
evnow said:
Nobody said Nissan shouldn't communicate better or we shouldn't press for better communication. So you are opposing a position nobody has taken and in effect trying to imply that, that is the position we are taking, which is plainly false. That is just a strawman.

George was complaining about communication and information. You said the "experience" should not be similar because it's "not just another car".

I'm not making this up.

GroundLoop said:
George was complaining about communication and information. You said the "experience" should not be similar because it's "not just another car".

I'm not making this up.
I said expectation can't be the same.

One chooses their own expectations, which helps to create their future feelings.

Some chose expectations that have not matched the reality that followed, and have not adjusted their expectations even when presented with contradictions.

It appears that this is the way it is with much of life. Sorry, adapt or die (suffer).

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Back to Topic, Zorg reports that Feb 11 is the day his car is showing as transferred to dealer. So, the Feb delivery cars are finally ready to be shipped to dealers.

So my dashboard changed yesterday from February 11th to February 23rd. This morning I get the "Nissan LEAF Expected delivery" 7 day e-mail! WOW! Its great but do I believe it? The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Got the same "your LEAF will arrive within 7 days" email from Nissan in my inbox today also. Even my dealer says, "we believe when Nissan tells us the LEAF is TO arrive only when the LEAF is sitting on our lot....and not before."

So this post from Nissan might be just another move on their part to make the wait more "fun."

For me, since whatever goes down now, my car WILL SOON arrive, this most recent Nissan missive should be the "last test" of Nissan's credibility, and maybe this time they might even get a "C?"
:roll:

JPC2822 said:
So my dashboard changed yesterday from February 11th to February 23rd. This morning I get the "Nissan LEAF Expected delivery" 7 day e-mail! WOW! Its great but do I believe it? The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
I'm beginning to believe this. I'll check with my PD on what his dashboard shows ...

bowthom said:
EV, wow now we have the same delivery estimate. IIRC you WERE 3 weeks ahead of me, I feel special.
Being in OR, you should get the car a little earlier. I'm getting Blink installed this week, how about yours ?

I am getting "my expectations up" so much that yesterday I installed the 110v charging cord hanger for the Volt on the right side of our garage, and we thus will have the 220v Coulomb chargepoint on the left side of the garage for the LEAF.

But the rest of this week is now projected to be raining, so I am sure that this inclement weather will delay the arrival of the LEAF to our Petaluma dealer (We all know that the delivery transporters don't want to "play in the rain" or any uncomfortable weather).

8 - )
:lol:

Back