SoCal dealers getting DC Fast Chargers in March

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Example: We go the the Coast Guard base in San Pedro two times a month. It is about 130 miles round trip with a number of elevation changes. There is, of course, no charging on the base and the nearest QC is at Mitsubishi, which is not all that close to the route and does not offer mission critical reliability. Thus, we currently take the ICE when we make the trip...

abasile said:
Personally, even if there's only one QC, I'm usually willing to "risk it". But I accept that the general public doesn't necessarily operate that way.

hill said:
Even WHEN they get 2 or 3 Q.C.'s up and running, the ongong issue will continue. Arriving to find no one using it, but it's being ICE'd with several vehicles in front of it.
The thing is - public DCQC stations appear to get significantly more use than L2 stations according to the latest EV project report...

In Washington, Los Angeles and the Bay Area, each station is being used 3-5 times a day on average. You're quickly going to be annoyed if you have to move an ICE out of the way that many times a day. In comparison, L2 stations are only used at most every other day on average.

How much of that is because EV project QC stations are free while their L2 stations charge from $1-2/hour? Don't know...

What I do know is that I probably need to drive 75 miles tomorrow, much of it freeway which pushes the limits of range on a nearly 2 year old LEAF. But if a certain Nissan dealership had QC or one of my destinations had L2 within walking distance, the trip would be a cinch. But since they don't, it's likely I'll end up driving the gas burning car for the majority of the miles...

Back