SOC% vs GID%

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwitt

I recently started using LeafSpy on my 2015 leaf. I was finding the range has dropped off. In the past I could get 80km on just over half a charge. Now I seem to barely get 80km on a full charge. With LeafSpy I noticed that my SOC% is way higher than the GID% when the battery gets low and I have one cell pair that is about 100mv lower than the rest. The 100mv difference is there when the battery is fully charged and when at 42 GIDs as shown in the images. This particular drive was done at around 4 degrees C outside about 25% at 100km/hr and the remainder between 50km/hr and 80km/hr. I think I should have done better on the range.

Any suggestions?

Dave

IMG_0957-1.jpgIMG_0958-1.jpg

Sounds as if you're the exception to the general rule that "it doesn't make sense to replace one module in a LEAF battery pack, because they all degrade equally anyway". You might be a candidate for an early battery inspection at the dealer.

It could be the bad cell. I have not seen that on any '15's before.

How do you get the "Reset" button under 12,612 Wh? I have the same version but do not have that. I've been wanting it badly though!

LeafMuranoDriver said:
It could be the bad cell. I have not seen that on any '15's before.

How do you get the "Reset" button under 12,612 Wh? I have the same version but do not have that. I've been wanting it badly though!

my reset button comes and goes on the newer version... just noticed it the other day when fast charging and haven't checked to see if its been reported yet

Levenkay said:
Sounds as if you're the exception to the general rule that "it doesn't make sense to replace one module in a LEAF battery pack, because they all degrade equally anyway". You might be a candidate for an early battery inspection at the dealer.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that in Settings under Battery I set Config WH Counter to "Reset Manually, Drive+Chrg"

Back