size of Leaf...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finman100

Simple question: how wide is the Leaf? the 2013. the wiki says 69.7". So...that would be track (between front tires, across the hood as it were?)

I have an 04 Prius with a small 8' garage door. It fits with about 2" to spare on either side for the mirrors. Will a Leaf fit in the same width? Prius specs show 67" and change. Thanks to anyone with a tape measure to confirm width that includes mirrors!

And to be completely honest, my garage door opening is 2" shy of 8'. Will i have to fold mirrors in on a Leaf to fit?

Curt

I wanted to see if my Leaf would fit in the garage, in the space where our '10 Prius could just fit. The Leaf is virtually the same width as the Prius, and only a few inches shorter, IIRC. It's not a small car, that's for sure...

all right! thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate this forum in getting ready for Leaf ownership. even my mundane questions. the 77 1/2" mirror to mirror is so close to my Prius as to be exact. Cool. Now to figure out the financial end of things...

I wanted to update this thread a bit...I'm in the game! My signature shows my '14 SV Leaf with QC. I am over the moon! Thanks to all the answers to my questions...yes it fits in the garage no problem. Got a 240V 30A receptacle installed (with electrician neighbor) and the EVSE Upgrade cable. Draws 20 amps. Am so excited that this is finally real. Now to figure out all the extra Nav buttons/features...

Are you going to get the Aviroment Subscription? Strongly suggested for some nice summer driving trips.
$20 a month unlimited charging.

http://evsolutions.avinc.com/services/subscriber_network/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

finman100 said:
I wanted to update this thread a bit...I'm in the game! My signature shows my '14 SV Leaf with QC. I am over the moon! Thanks to all the answers to my questions...yes it fits in the garage no problem. Got a 240V 30A receptacle installed (with electrician neighbor) and the EVSE Upgrade cable. Draws 20 amps. Am so excited that this is finally real. Now to figure out all the extra Nav buttons/features...

Yep, I have the AV $20/month unlimited. Used three of the AV Quickchargers already!

I also carry the Chargepoint and Blink cards. Only used the Chargepoint at LBCC (Linn-Benton Community College) in Albany. Only stayed an hour, and have not seen any charges to my debit yet? Oh well, it's all an EV adventure.

I'm planning a Seattle trip soon, and have been out to Newport and back. This EV thing is addictive!

I have two airport runs scheduled in July. Plugshare shows six J-1772 plugs on the 4th level of short term garage, but comments seem to indicate they are always full. Called PDX info and they only confirmed what is on Plugshare. did not know much else. Does anyone know where one can trickle charge while the car sits for 4-5 days at PDX? In the long term econ lots, where you catch the shuttle? Not sure where to stop for a charge on the way there, any advice?...Albany to PDX is 84 miles (i need a tesla).
Thanks to all! I miss my faithful 04 Prius of 10 years, but am totally in love with the Leaf so far.

Curt

Went the easy route and traded it to Kiefer Nissan Corvallis as part of the Leaf deal. They might still have it on there used lot? not sure how they do those things. I really hope it goes to a worthy driver, as it was a great ride. It's only issue was burning gasoline! We have another in the family (wife's 05) for our longer trips.

Back