Shop refused to rotate tires at 8K miles!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
What disturbs me is the amount of wear we are seeing reported on this thread.
Haha!

I have the OEM ecopia ones. i spoke to a rep from the tire company on the phone two weeks ago he claimed there is no warranty on OEM tires, but he was willing to work with me on a discount on new ones anyway. Said tire life had a rating of 400 on these tires. I really don't think so.I blew through a pair of OEM tires on a V6 altima in about 17k and the rating on those was 240. I'd say the Leaf's ones are more in that range than 400.

I got my tires rotated at 10,800. I'm now at 15k and wear is similar on both, both very close to wear bars. I drive this car hard, but still 15k and the only reason I'm not replacing them now is because I'll be through the winter soon and they're still fine in dry.

I think the OEM tires are awful.

I know people say to have better tread on the back but I really have to question this. With the advent of stability control and ABS, fish tailing is less prevalent, and although the bad tires on the front will encourage that you understeer before over, which is easier to deal with, the weaker tires on the front also affect braking more severely (front tires are responsible for 3/4 of braking IIRC) and acceleration. I always prefer better tires on the front.

Back