setting notifications

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkshack

What do I need to do to set a notification so that the car will text me when it has a full charge. I have looked at the car wings section of the manual but I am frankly confused what settings I need to have set. I have the notifications in the website set.

rkshack

If you have all setup in your "Edit Vehicle Profile" section on your Leaf CW webpage than all should work. Wonder if you getting your driving records updated?

I have it set up on the website. I have plug in reminder, charge complete and climate control notifications checked. I have not gotten any notifications prior to this am. This am i turned on send unplugged status to data center and send charging status to data center. This am I unplugged the car before it was filled and got a notification on email.

Will that make the charge complete notification come.

How do I set it to text for the unplugging.

rkshack

I don't quite understand everything you're describing, but here's a couple of simple checks regarding the mobile only (text) portion of your setup:
1) make sure you have good mobile coverage (sounds like the car is OK)
2) make sure your provider isn't BLOCKING the message from the Nissan server (these are called "common short codes"--notice it's a 5 digit number and not a phone number--and need to be setup on BOTH ends) and the server knows it can send the message

If you're getting the emails, you should get the texts (assuming everything above is correct)

Stanton said:
I don't quite understand everything you're describing, but here's a couple of simple checks regarding the mobile only (text) portion of your setup:
1) make sure you have good mobile coverage (sounds like the car is OK)
2) make sure your provider isn't BLOCKING the message from the Nissan server (these are called "common short codes"--notice it's a 5 digit number and not a phone number--and need to be setup on BOTH ends) and the server knows it can send the message

If you're getting the emails, you should get the texts (assuming everything above is correct)

Which setting on the website allows the email to be sent for unplugging? I don't see that as an option.

Which setting on the car allows the website to send a message that the car is charged 100%?

rkshack

RKSHAK,

What kind of phone do you have? If you have an Iphone or Ipad, you can use the Nissan Leaf app. You can set up your text message when fully charged in that app. Lot easier to deal with than the web site.

The web based notifications are available if you have a registered account for your car at

https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After entering your ID (case sensitive) and Password -- you can change your notifications by clicking on the link 'change notification preferences' located between the [Climate Control] and [the new owner] panels.

Once in the 'change notification preferences' you enable email and text with checkboxes and provide your phone information details for the text notifications and email address information for the email notifications.

asinclair said:
You also need to authorize the settings in the car itself, I had the same problem of not receiving notifications until I set the car to send them out.

This is exactly my question. What do I need to set up in the car. I have turned on settings as I mentioned above (I turned on send unplugged status to data center and send charging status to data center). I have not been able to see if that works because I went on vacation. So should that be enough or is there another setting I should set in the car.

Rkshack

rkshack said:
Which setting on the website allows the email to be sent for unplugging? I don't see that as an option.
Which setting on the car allows the website to send a message that the car is charged 100%?
I think it's all the same options. "Charge complete" in the website and "Send charging status" in the car. Note that "Send unplugged status" in the car is something altogether different. It doesn't mean someone unplugged you; instead it means that you forgot to plug in.

The "Charge complete" and "Send charging status" are the only options I have checked, both just for email, along with my email address. I get "Charging Complete" messages if it goes to 100%, or "Charging Stopped" messages if it doesn't. The only way I know to tell whether it was unplugged or hit the 80% timer limit is to check the message for the number of bars.

Oh, wait, I lied. I also have "Charge On" checked at the website. That is supposed to send you a message when the charging starts, but everyone seems to agree that it doesn't work.

Ray

Back