Seattle Leaf Dealers review

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpax

Hey, Seattle Leaf people. My car is due in approx 90 days and I'd like some feedback on dealer experiences

thanks,
Kevin

Kpax,

What dealer did you order thru? I ordered thru Younker Nissan, but I considered Rairdon's until I dropped by for a visit. Younker seem a lot more up front and professional. Rairdon's seems to be more of the slick used car salesman type. I don't have a car yet, so I can't talk about the delivery.

Kpax, don't get locked in that it will indeed be delivered in 90 days. Patience is the key here. You might have it in 90 days or 9 months. Do don't sell a car in anticipation of it arriving in 90 days.
if you are in the evproject you wont have to worry about an evse, (glorified extension cord). There is a great mod for the evse that comes with the car. I costs less than $300 and will charge just like an electrician supplied evse but for more than a thousand more. Contact Phil at evseupgrade.com
It appears that you are new here. Spend the weekend reading everything here. there is a lot of info. by some really smart people.
Good luck.

I would recommend Stadium Nissan, I was very pleased with them throughout my Leaf experience. They are into Leafs and have LEED certified buildings. No neck ties worn there as well.

Big shout-out for Ray at Campbell Nelson up in Edmonds. It's more of a drive, but they know what they're doing and they have an excellent reputation.

Avoid Nissan of the Eastside at all costs. You do NOT want them having your business, or even your name. Trust me. Steer clear of them. I'm right on the edge of starting a legal battle, and I've never even purchased a vehicle from them, only had mine serviced for warranty work about 3 years ago.

A hearty second for Campbell-Nelson, but all of my dealings were through Dino. I think either him or Ray would both do you right..

Bought my via Stadium Nissan.
Very friendly people, got a good half way between invoice and MSRP, got deal on some accessories, they still overpriced though but original and nice, and no pressure to buy them, I wanted them :) (security wheel nuts and LEAF plate frame) the guy even gave me that clear protective door edge trim, they offered only full nose and door edges as a package, but I didn't want to stick plastic over the nose, so he just gave me the stuff for the door for free.
While installing my plates they gave me a chance to talk to certified Leaf mechanic as well, so I'm pretty pleased.
About Eastside Nissan, heard many bad feedback about them personally and on yelp, so I didn't even consider them.

A hearty third for Campbell-Nelson! Got mine 16 days ago and it was an easy, fast and painless!

I'll second stay away from eastside, bad initial experience drove me to Campbell - Nelson. Ray handled our purchase with no drama and very helpful through the whole 7 month process. Dino is very enthuastic about the Leaf. Can't go wrong with either. Would go back and purchase again. Service has been good for the software update as has the parts department. I ordered a set of splash guards.

Hope your delivery date is much shorter.

Campbell-Nelson Nissan all the way, they even through in a free tank of gas and the first oil change :)

I’ve had mine for 4 months now with just over 3600 miles. Just had the service update done this last week and the service department was the best I’ve worked with so a all around plus for CN.

derekjsmith said:
Campbell-Nelson Nissan all the way, they even through in a free tank of gas and the first oil change :)
Yay! A free tank of gas and an oil... wait a minute, I'm buying a LEAF. :lol:

Packet said:
derekjsmith said:
Yay! A free tank of gas and an oil... wait a minute, I'm buying a LEAF. :lol:
I got a mail sometime back from Rairdon's asking me to take Leaf for the the first free oil change. I asked them whether I could bring my other car instead (more as a joke) and they agreed. But too far for me to go for an oil change ...

QueenBee said:
What's been your experience with Eaststide from a service point of view? They are the closet for me. I'd

Avoid like the plague. See my first post.

They'll avoid doing warranty work at all costs. They'll argue with you saying either that it isn't covered by the warranty, or that it is normal behavior, or that they couldn't reproduce the problem.

On top of that, they'll put you on their mailing and calling lists even if you specifically tell them not to, and you'll get junk mail from them until you threaten legal action against them.

They remind me of the stereotypical used car dealers. Sleazy, money-grabbing, and complete lack of respect for their customers.

By far the WORST dealership I've ever had to do business with. And I'm not talking just Nissan, I mean overall.

But that's just MY opinion... Go look them up on google reviews and whatnot. They have a pretty bad reputation.

They're the closest for me as well, but I refuse to go there. Plenty of other better options not TOO far away. People seem to like Yonker, which is probably the next closest for you. I'm going all the way up to Campbell-Nelson because they have an excellent reputation, but it's quite a drive.

Not knowing about Eastside's "reputation", I ordered from there last November. They did what they could to keep me informed while I waited for the car to arrive.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up the car. The transaction & training went very smoothly. They didn't try to sell me an extended warranty or anything else for that matter. Total time in the dealership was 2 hours! A new record for me.

So Eastside Nissan gets a thumbs up from me, at least for the sales side. We'll have to see on the service side. But hopefully that's not for another 12 months or 7500 miles!

QueenBee said:
What's been your experience with Eaststide from a service point of view? They are the closet for me. I'd
Unfortunately (they are the closest to me), I've heard terrible things about the service dept. at Eastside. See http://my350z.com/forum/north-west/468435-fun-times-at-nissan-of-the-eastside-2.html#post8069179.

Nissan of Fife used to have a great service department (but they are too far for me) and I haven't gone to them in years (moved away from the PNW from end of 04 to end of 09). I also bought my 04 350Z and and former 02 Maxima from them and had a good buying experience. I have no idea if things have changed.

I'd like to put in another plug for Stadium Nissan in Seattle. I'm very pleased with them, and still don't even have the darned car.

They are into the Leaf, and will freely claim that it's the whole reason this new dealership came to Seattle. It's true, they are Leaf geeks. True about the "no ties" - informal yet professional. True about pricing - competitive and fair. I even got an excellent price on my trade-in.

They have been partners in this adventure with Nissan. While they often don't have anymore information than we do - they have more than once use their connections with Nissan to help me out.

Okay ... basically Nissan was so rock solid on the expected dates, that Stadium and I both felt comfortable selling my old car early ("worst case two weeks"). That was two months ago. Nissan North America is now paying for my loaner. By freak occurrence, I actually met the head of the North American Leaf project today - he knew my story.

Hat's off to Stadium Nissan.

I'm working with Younker, and so far they've been excellent. Offered me without hassle $100 over invoice. I'm getting pretty close to delivery, and so I'll be able to give you a better idea of whether they were up front with my trade in or not, and how the purchasing process goes.

I picked them on the recommendation of a good friend, who raves about Younker's maintenance department.

Puyallup isn't really Seattle, but I thought I would share.
Puyallup Nissan gave me, and continues to offer me outstanding service.
I've dropped in unannounced several times since I took delivery, and they have always taken the time to treat me well.
Mike Sosa is the internet manager there, a very stand up guy.
I bought at MSRP, and was fine with that.

Well, seems clear that Eastside isn't getting my service business. I don't get why they wouldn't want to do warranty work. They get paid and their customer gets a free repair... My first experience with a used car under warranty was amazing. Took it into the Acura dealership to have them check it out and came back with all sorts of new stuff that I didn't even realize was an issue. Anyway, will be picking my leaf up in the next few days and hopefully will not need service for while but I look forward to hearing more about Younker and Stadium.

Back