Screen dimming ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbrain

The other day I believe the LCD screen was dimming itself at night on my Leaf when I had my lights on.
Now it's not doing it anymore. Is there a setting that affects this ?

I think the nav map also showing with a black background instead of white/yellowish. But I can't get that to happen again.
The nav map is way too bright for night driving and this affects visibility. Once again is there a setting ?

On the Prius this gets adjusted automatically when the lights are on . But it's not happening on my Leaf for now for some reason.

Pages 14 & 15 in Section 1 of the Navigation System Manual deal with setting the Nav screen brightness and contrast. But there is not a way to turn off night mode completely, except manually by pressing the button on the bottom left of the display unit. Does it change between night and day when you press this button?

mwalsh said:
Pages 14 & 15 in Section 1 of the Navigation System Manual deal with setting the Nav screen brightness and contrast. But there is not a way to turn off night mode completely, except manually by pressing the button on the bottom left of the display unit. Does it change between night and day when you press this button?

Thanks ! I hadn't even noticed this button yet. It works to turn it on and off manually.

There seems to be additional states which are not in the manual.
If I press it, it eventually toggles it to "auto" mode, and at that point, the screen automatically goes to night mode when I turn on the headlights, and back to day mode when I turn them off.

madbrain said:
There seems to be additional states which are not in the manual.
If I press it, it eventually toggles it to "auto" mode, and at that point, the screen automatically goes to night mode when I turn on the headlights, and back to day mode when I turn them off.

Huh. I did not know that. I do know an extended press will turn the display off completely.

Back