Samsung Galaxy S2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alternative

Has anyone successfully used one of these Android phones with the Leaf please? I have a Samsung Nexus S which works OK but the Bluetooth stops the Carwings on the Leaf from communicating with the Nissan data centre. I would like to replace the Nexus S with a Galaxy S2, but am afraid the same thing will happen? Nissan support are not hopeful of a fix being introduced.

Alternative said:
Has anyone successfully used one of these Android phones with the Leaf please? I have a Samsung Nexus S which works OK but the Bluetooth stops the Carwings on the Leaf from communicating with the Nissan data centre. I would like to replace the Nexus S with a Galaxy S2, but am afraid the same thing will happen? Nissan support are not hopeful of a fix being introduced.

I have a Nexus S and I never had any problem with the CARWINGS of my car.

The only problem I have is that I can't use the Android Carwings application because developpers didn't made the European version yet :evil: :evil: :evil: and I can't sign in with the US application :evil: :evil: :evil:

By the way I'm from Portugal as you may noted ;) :D

Regards

Very interesting. When my Nexus S is paired via Bluetooth with my Leaf, it stops Carwings from working. Try updating charging stations when your phone is connected? I get the error message "Connection to Centre failed" If I then switch Bluetooth off, updates work just fine. Can't see why it should be any different in Portugal? Others have reported the same issue with other phones when Bluetooth is connected. I wan't to find an Android smartphone that doesn't cause these problems? Hence my question about the Galaxy S2.

Alternative said:
Very interesting. When my Nexus S is paired via Bluetooth with my Leaf, it stops Carwings from working. Try updating charging stations when your phone is connected? I get the error message "Connection to Centre failed" If I then switch Bluetooth off, updates work just fine. Can't see why it should be any different in Portugal? Others have reported the same issue with other phones when Bluetooth is connected. I wan't to find an Android smartphone that doesn't cause these problems? Hence my question about the Galaxy S2.

My Nexus S is always connected via Bluetooth as soon as I turn on the car and i never had a problem in updating the charging stations at the same time.

Sorry that you can't :( . The problem could be related with the bluetooth frequencies you have there in US that can messing with the CARWINGS provider (At-T?).

ruimegas said:
My Nexus S is always connected via Bluetooth as soon as I turn on the car and i never had a problem in updating the charging stations at the same time.

Sorry that you can't :( . The problem could be related with the bluetooth frequencies you have there in US that can messing with the CARWINGS provider (At-T?).

Very strange. I am in the UK. Carwings Support in the UK are aware of the problem, as it happens with some phones. I have tried other phones in my car and they are fine. Just my Nexus S, which also clobbers my Nissan Leaf dealer's demonstrator in the same way! I am a big Android phone fan, so I want to find out whether the Galaxy S2 works OK? If it does I will buy one.

Alternative said:
I'm pleased to say that Carwings UK Support phoned me today, to tell me that a fix was definitely being worked on.

Maybe I won't have to buy a new phone after all!

I am pleased to say the Nissan fix has worked and my Nexus S no longer causes problems with the Leaf!

Well I have a samsung S2 and the android program works like a charm. I have not paired with blue tooth I dont use it but that is a standard and should work on all systems that support bluetooth 2.0. The nissan carwings program to check you car. turn on charging. climate control, and show live charging status works great.

Samsung Galaxy s2 on tmobile works fine, as does a LG G2X in case anyone is interested.

For some reason you have to press play on the leaf display to hear bluetooth audio (music, videos, games, etc) over the stereo but it works.

Bluetooth phone works perfectly on both but for some reason it reset my car "phone book" when i switched phones.

My Galaxy S (Epic 4G) doesn't have a problem preventing datacenter syncs, but I still can't get it to display music info for what I'm playing over Bluetooth. Kind of sucks because my old Crown Vic Clarion unit displays music info without any problems. :(

Using the stock Android music player, running Gingerbread.

kubel said:
My Galaxy S (Epic 4G) doesn't have a problem preventing datacenter syncs, but I still can't get it to display music info for what I'm playing over Bluetooth. Kind of sucks because my old Crown Vic Clarion unit displays music info without any problems. :(

Using the stock Android music player, running Gingerbread.

I just made a new thread... mine plays fine off the stock player but without data. I believe it's a difference in bluetooth protocols/support between the phone and nav system. I can tell you that running ICS hasn't fixed anything for me (in fact it broke Pandora which no longer works).

I have been using a Samsung Galaxy SII (t mobile) since Feb 2012 with no problems. Pairs with the Bluetooth for both the phone and the MP3 player. Handset phonebook downloads OK. Make/receive calls OK. MP3 player audio and track advance/backup OK, title info if the MP3 app supports Bluetooth titles (the "Music" app that comes with the phone does (disc icon), the Google player app (headphone icon) doesn't support Bluetooth titles).

Sometimes I use a Jabra Bluetooth "Clipper" for headphones when I'm out running, when rain is forecast and I put the phone into an iOttie waterproof skin, which blocks the phone's headphone jack. Usually, the phone reconnectes with the LEAF automatically after using the Clipper, but occasionally I have to manually tell it to reconnect.

Carwings appears to be totally unaffected by the Galaxy SII, it works fine.

Back