Sacramento - ROTEC : Crest Theater

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmermd

Who is going to the Crest Theater on Friday to see Revenge of the Electric Car? I'm planning on going, but I'm not sure where I'm going to park. If there are other Leaf owners going, it might be nice to have them all parked together. I guess this is a two part question. Who is going? Where do you suggest we park?

Theater suggests parking lot at 10&L. There are paddle charge stations and 120v outlets according to the charge station apps, but not any j1772-2010 charge stations. $1.50/30min with $5 maximum for evenings.

http://www.thecrest.com/calendar/expand.cfm?EventID=3763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish I could go over the coming weekend. I am on call from 11/11-11/13/11 and would probably go on one of the weekdays next week.
As far as I know, J1772 EVSEs have been installed in the City of Sacramento parking garage on 10th & I. Mark from Air Quality Board had mentioned that to me during Sacramento "Meet the Nissan Engineer" event on 10/22/11 that they were supposed to be upgraded on 10/25/11.
If you have free parking permits from City of Sacramento, you can actually park there for free. I did that few months ago and used L1 EVSE on the top floor of that garage.

Since they are supposed to have new charge stations installed then I'll use the preferred lot and also take the opportunity to check and see if there are new charge stations installed. Looks like I may be the only one going to the show..hey a private showing, awesome.

Not quite a private showing but it was a small turnout. When we entered the theater about 15 minutes ahead of time, we were the 4th and 5th people in the room. But by the time the show started there were about 25 people in attendance. Good movie. I'd recommend it if you are interested in EV's or cars.

I was the only Leaf in the parking garage that I saw. I did see a Tesla in the lot. I saw the couple in the lobby of the theater as we were leaving and they were wearing their Tesla jackets, and when we arrived to the garage I saw them backing out. Nice white Roadster with a big red circle and the number 5 on it. Very reminiscent of a Speed Racer logo. I'm sure somebody who lives in Sac. may know who they were. It was the first time I've seen this car.

The charge stations have not been updated. They are still paddle chargers with 120v outlet along side. I opted not to charge and just drove home (90 mile round trip).

Dive Bar, Rock Pizza and District 30 were definitely the place to be. We ate at Rock Pizza and I can say the Stromboli is fantastic. No mermaids swimming in the tank at Dive Bar for the few minutes we spent walking around checking the place out, but it was very nice.

I drove my LEAF down from Grass Valley for the 2:30 show on Saturday. Parked in the Downtown Plaza garage 3rd and L using my free permit. Four charging stations on the east end of the ground floor, three of them J1772. One was in use by a blue LEAF. The movie was poorly attended, less than a dozen people. After the film a watched the reopening of K street to cars and the the eclectic parade. LEAFER, I saw you in your red Tesla, and one other red LEAF. Checked my state of Charge on my Android to validate 100% and headed back to the car. Drive down I averaged 5.6 KWh, back to Grass Valley 3.3. Gravity makes a difference. I drove normal speeds, driving slow on 80 is too nerve racking. I was annoyed to see an ICE parked in one of the EV slots then read the sign which indicated that the spaces were reserved for EVs Monday through Friday during business hours (can't remember actual times). Oh well...

Harv said:
Clippy said:
Nissan sent me two tickets on 11/10 that expired on October 31, 2011.

Same here.

Yup, same here but I was able to use them at today's 2:30pm showing. The attendant didn't even look at them when I said Nissan sent me complementary passes. I'm assuming she was used to the drill by that point.

Enjoyed the film. Took my wife on a test drive just prior to the show in anticipation of the early Dec delivery of a MY12 SL!

palmermd said:
How'd y'all get the tickets? I keep missing out on all the good stuff.

There was actually an email from Nissan to call them for the tickets.

palmermd said:
How'd y'all get the tickets? I keep missing out on all the good stuff.

I saw this post on the Nissan Leaf Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=271563509547243" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back