Sacramento Area: Need EV for Demo in Marysville 4/13 or 4/14

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

Yuba College in Marysville needs an EV (LEAF would do nicely) for its First Responder's Workshop this weekend. Bring your EV either April 13th or 14th for two hours between 9-4. These folks learn how to respond to accident crashes.

With alternative vehicles, they need to see where various components are to safely disengage in case of accident. They have propane, hydrogen and hybrid vehicles lined up. But no EV. Please contact teacher Mike Morris at 530-741-6921 if you can do it. Marysville is 45 miles from downtown Sacramento. Charging available (110v) at their automotive workshop.

Then, please post so we know this event is covered. Thanks for spreading the message.

The last time I saw a car get shared for first responders it was not pretty.

http://youtu.be/ntK3rvVl2Qw?t=27m44s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just spoke with Maita Nissan and they say they don't have a dealer's demo to show. Waiting to hear back from Roseville Nissan, but not promising. Did anyone buy their LEAF from a Sacto area dealership who would be accommodating?

palmermd said:

http://youtu.be/ntK3rvVl2Qw?t=27m44s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was the first thing that went through my mind. I'm not letting them anywhere near MY car! :eek:

Seriously though, if they just want to SEE the car I'm game, but how is that going to help them "see where various components are to safely disengage in case of accident" without tearing things down? No way will I allow that. Besides, don't all the manufacturers publish first responder guidebooks/videos/etc.?

GeekEV said:
Besides, don't all the manufacturers publish first responder guidebooks/videos/etc.?

Nissan certainly does:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/refgh0v/og/FRG/2011-Nissan-LEAF-FRG.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GeekEV said:
palmermd said:

That was the first thing that went through my mind. I'm not letting them anywhere near MY car! :eek:

Seriously though, if they just want to SEE the car I'm game, but how is that going to help them "see where various components are to safely disengage in case of accident" without tearing things down? No way will I allow that. Besides, don't all the manufacturers publish first responder guidebooks/videos/etc.?

GeekEV: Absolutely no tear-down. Just seeing the car and where things are. Please call Mike Morris (530-741-6921) for more details. I'm jammed this weekend and can't do it. It would be wonderful if you could just take your EV there for a two-hour show-and-tell. Nothing like seeing the real thing AND relying upon guidebooks/videos/etc.

I'll check with the spousal unit and see what my availability is... My Model S can easily make that trip, but the LEAF would be a push without charging there (110v just won't do). Any other closer LEAFs that could do it?

Wow, they wd truly be impressed to see a Tesla S in those parts.
I was told hard to see any EV when I showed my LEAF at their Odyssey
alternative vehicle exhibition last October.

There is an RV park with 50 amp service at:
1257 Live Oak Blvd
Yuba City
Phone: 530-674-8910

They are quite friendly and let me charge for free when I was heading to Forbestown. Not sure if it helps, you'll probably want charging on site where your at.

I'm still thinking about it and hoping to get another LEAF to go. I can't take both cars by myself and my wife isn't the adventurous sort.

Okay, we've located a LEAF in the Marysville/Yuba City area who can go for about an hour each day. I was told there are at least 3 other LEAFs in that area, one of which is actually in Chico. GeekEV, now you won't have to drive both your EVs up there which would be hazardous to your health. ; ) Thank you all for your input.

Ah, very nice. Are they 2011-2012's or 2013's? They're laid out a bit differently so it might be good to have both if you can.

I'm playing phone tag with Mike to coordinate when and where you'd like me to be. Do you know?

I've worked it out with Mike. They've got at least one more local LEAF coming, so I'll bring my Model S. If anybody else wants to go, he said they've got all kinds of power in the auto shop, 120, 240 and 440 with a variety of plug types. So, if anyone needs charging and has a suitable adapter I'm sure they can accomodate. I'll be there at noon on Saturday.

Was great meeting you at Yuba College today. Thanks for the ride in the S. Glad you could come out. I will be there again tomorrow. We will put the Leaf on the rack tomorrow. Ended up being more of a little show n tell than First Responders going all through the vehicle. I do have the First Responders Manuals for all three years of the Leaf. I had it on my thumb drive but its formatted to the Mac and the PC would not read it. Oh well. The guys at Yuba actually had an EV1 leased at the shop to teach about the electric. They were all bummed when it was taken back years ago.

Pete :)

Back