Sacramento Area Leafs Meeting [Thread Retired]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to come, but it's ravioli making day. My wife's family is Italian and we make homemade ravioli for Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I can make the next one! Sounds like a great time.

bobda said:
I'd love to come, but it's ravioli making day. My wife's family is Italian and we make homemade ravioli for Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I can make the next one! Sounds like a great time.
No worries, maybe you can make the December 1st meeting? :)

I was holding out for a schedule change, but no luck. I will not be able to attend. Hopefully in Dec. I'd like to see these gatherings continue

Yeah ... BIG umbrella and extra ones if you have them :D But I think we might luck out according to the weather radar ... if anything it wil be light ( <fingers crossed behind my back> :lol: )

Sorry folks. I wpn't be able to make it today due to sickness. Hopefully I can attend the meeting on 12/1/12.

A VERY wet and small meet-up, but the social gathering and lively technical exchanges trumped the weather. :p Thanks, everyone.

Not everyone could stay for lunch, but I think I counted 7 LEAFs and a Roadster. A Model S owner from Los Altos appeared and used the Supercharger while we were gathering.

The best of speedy recoveries to local members "under the weather" :)

Looking ahead now to WestSac Dec 1 meet !

One of the attendees showed me the GreenCharge App on her iPhone yesterday ... I was impressed by the speed of the update (compared to what I've experienced with Android Nissan App). She indicated it's also a lot faster than the iPhone Nissan version ... FWIW.

See here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I am in process of already planning our next meetup. There's talk of trying the downtown 10th & I facility with 14+ charging stations :) In preparation for this ... HEADS-UP TO ALL SACRAMENTO AREA LEAFers: You can apply for a FREE RFID parking pass for Sacramento City Garages. NOW would be a good time to apply ... you might get it in time for our next meetup :p (Actually, I don't think the free RFID pass is limited to just Sac Area EV owners. But if you use it really infrequently it may not be worth it and/or "steal" from someone local ... I don't know if they have a limit.) The RFID pass works in a number of locations, but not every garage downtown ... it must be City owned and not limited to Gov't workers or County owned. Still I have found it useful in the past several years.

Here: http://www.cityofsacramento.org/transportation/parking/offstreetother.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(The Avcons they show are now J-1772.)

Are you looking at December 1st for the next one? We're doing a seat heater retrofit on a 2011 LEAF that day (club activity) :cry:

Definitely want to get up there for one of the meetings...hopefully with the LEAF.

gascant said:
Are you looking at December 1st for the next one? We're doing a seat heater retrofit on a 2011 LEAF that day (club activity) :cry:

Definitely want to get up there for one of the meetings...hopefully with the LEAF.
No ... Dec 1 is at Nissan (California Fuel Cell Partnership) with their Engineers & DCFC. See the OP in this thread.

We do not yet have a date for our regular LEAF meetup.

Great meetup on Saturday. Saw some familiar and not so familiar faces. :)

No date set for the next meeting (besides the Dec 1st one), but I'm open to suggestions.

I also didn't get to mention to everyone, but tbleakne from down south has graciously donated at GID meter to the group. It will be shipped sometime after Thanksgiving. :)

It was a lot of fun on Saturday with lots of great discussions. Thanks to all, and I look forward to December 1st.

Anyone else interested in a seat heater install event in our area? I know that these cooler days would make that a nice addition to the Leaf. Do we have any local experts?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tim

cleanauto said:
Anyone else interested in a seat heater install event in our area? I know that these cooler days would make that a nice addition to the Leaf. Do we have any local experts?
Tim

Check out the seat heater retrofit wiki:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Seat_Heaters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
which is a collaboration of several of our members. There's also a thread here on the Forum started by Electric4Me.

Back