Sacramento Area Leafs Meeting [Thread Retired]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for coming palmermd ! All the best to Mom and baby !

Thanks to GeekEV .... here's a nice PANORAMA of the same scene. I'll post more pictures and details tomorrow. Great Time ! Thanks everyone !

Two farthest members (Lodi & Grass Valley) charged at the Future Nissan Dealer nearby. The twelth LEAF owner, rather than arriving in their LEAF ... came in a RAV4EV (new) weekend-rental !

panoramajr.jpg

So.
After LEAFer dropped us back at the Nissan dealer after lunch, a salesman was showing a dealer car (that was parked near the chargers) to a family. We bade LEAFer good bye and as I approached my car and disconnected the EVSE, I listened to the family ask questions of the salesman and, more interesting to me, I listened to his answers. His answers were bright and accurate, not sales come-on or adlibbed nonsense. I liked how he represented the car and his answers were candid. When the father asked about range, the salesman said range varied by drivers' style and terrain and they could expect between 70 and 90+ miles; then he did something unexpected - he told the family "We have some LEAF owners right here (us), let's ask them some questions." We spent about ten minutes talking with the family members, leaving them when the father asked the salesman if they could take the demonstrator for a drive.

Thanks to LEAFer for the ride, thanks also JeremyW and everyone else who worked to organize the event and thanks to those who attended. The drive up from Lodi was relaxing, I had a great time and learned a lot and the drive home was pleasant, too. Leaving Lodi, my odometer read 11,111 and it was about 54 miles each way, a perfect ride.

Thanks everyone for a great meeting! :D There were a lot of great minds and fascinating conversations. A few outsiders gawked at the grouping; a great marketing opportunity. There will be another meeting, hopefully sometime in early November.

Unfortunately I didn't get to show off my subwoofer or color charge bars. Next time... ;)

Some data from an informal survey taken at our meetup.

NOTE: The column "%Est.Loss" is a VERY UNSCIENTIFIC answer to the question "Estimated Range Loss: Do you feel you're getting fewer miles now compared to when new ? How many % loss of range (unscientific) do you estimate ?"

Also Note: on my answer: "10%" ... that's what I felt before I concluded a Turtle-to-100% test at the end of the day. See here.

Code:
      MNL               MY / VIN    Odo.   #Batt  Delivery  Mfg Date
#    ScreenName	       (last5)  (miles) Bars	  Date    (mm/yyyy)	%Est.Loss
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1   LEAFer             11 / 00215  26,844	12	 1/19/2011  Nov 2010   10 % *
 2   palmermd           11 / xxxxx   9,000	12	 3/30/2011  Feb 2011   15%
 3   GeekEV             11 / 00xxx  22,000	11	 2/15/2011  Dec 2010	
 4   Visual             11 / 00xxx   9,883	12	 1/10/2011  Nov 2010	
 5   JeremyW            12 / 19xxx   4,353	12	 6/27/2012  Feb 2012    3%
 6   <PNYO>             11 / 01xxx  18,900	12	 5/01/2011		
 7   <N/A>              12 / xxxxx   4,305	12	  Nov 2011  Oct 2011    0%
 8   jmillington        11 / 00xxx  13,450	12	 4/20/2011              0%
 9   FlyingDollarGarage 11 / 05xxx  11,160	12	 2/10/2012              0%
10  folsomev           11 / 03xxx  10,150	12	 6/01/2011              5%
11  detlefo            11 / 05xxx  13,800	12	 7/06/2011              0%
12  cleanauto          11 / 00xxx  13,500	12	 4/26/2011              < 5%
<PNYO> = Permission Not Yet Obtained to list screenname.

Congrats on a great meetup! I hope to attend one of your future get-togethers. A good friend of mine lives in Folsom, and I was meaning to visit them for a while.

LEAFer said:
Two farthest members (Lodi & Grass Valley) charged at the Future Nissan Dealer nearby. The twelth LEAF owner, rather than arriving in their LEAF ... came in a RAV4EV (new) weekend-rental !
Where'd they rent it from? How much for the weekend? I've been wanting to rent a BEV for a weekend with at least a 6.6 kWh charger somewhere in the Bay Area for a while now, but AFAIK there are only 2011/2012 Leafs available.

GRA said:
Where'd they rent it from? How much for the weekend? I've been wanting to rent a BEV for a weekend with at least a 6.6 kWh charger somewhere in the Bay Area for a while now, but AFAIK there are only 2011/2012 Leafs available.

Just check the biggest toyota dealer in the area. I know of one person who did that in LA and now in Sacramento, I'm sure one of the bay area dealers will have one as a rental to promote the car. I believe they said Roseville Toyota.

Called em': $135 for pickup on friday with return monday at the same time you picked up.

I've got the first weekend in November reserved! :twisted:

Also... any ideas for a November meeting?

Just an FYI, this weekend is the Sacramento International Auto Show at the Cal Expo. SMUD is doing an "electric avenue" event featuring the Volt, Leaf, and others. $12 at the door. I'll be there tomorrow. :)

See http://sacautoshow.com/events_attractions/electric_ave.html for more info.

Sacramento International Auto Show
October 19-21, 2012
Cal Expo 1600 Exposition Boulevard, Sacramento
Friday 10-9 • Saturday 10-8 • Sunday 10-6

Also, how do you guys feel about November 11th for a lunch at Casa Ramos? :)

The 10th is the SF bay meeting, which I'm trying not to conflict with. :) The 3rd is another option, but I'll be renting the rav-4 that weekend so you all won't be able to see my latest mods. ;)

JeremyW said:
Harv, how does the 3rd work for you? Are you on call both weekends?

3rd week is fine with me. I am free on both the days during that weekend.

So, Saturday November 17th or Saturday November 3rd. Harv and LEAFer, shoot it out since nobody else is jumping in to pick a date. :)

Back