Sacramento Area Gathering #3.5 , August 20 Cal Expo REI

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will have a big supply of "triple chocolate," and other options chocolate as well.

Please arrive by 9:45 am so we can control the parking and have our organization in place and time to socialize before the uninitiated actually start coming by...

Remember your sunscreen.....

I am heading out around mid-day/today/Friday to get our "refreshment supplies" for the newbies; we will have sodas and bottled water on ice and cookies for the question askers.

LEAF drivers arriving by 9:45 am will have their pick of delux donuts and individual bottles of OJ.

Come out for the socializing and the chance to further promote "smart driving in the Sacramento area."

Thanks to all who brought their Leafs out today. This was the first time I've seen one "in the flesh".

We've got two boys that would need to fit in the back seats and that looked like no problem at all. My wife approved of the vehicle's size, so I'm cleared to proceed with a lease!

- Curtis

Thanks to all the LEAF drivers who showed up for the Saturday "Show and Tell" session. I hope you all enjoyed the donuts and drinks!

Michael and Jenny Breen
Harvinder Singh
Georg K.
Tone Barros
David Becker
Richard van Wyhe
Detlef Osbury (all the way from Grass Valley !!!! Big Thanks and hope you got home OK?)
Keith Leech jr and sr
Tim Hastrug
Beth Schwehr
Bill Avery
Eugen Dunlap
William Brooks

Did I miss anybody????

Looks MOST likely that our next "organizational effort" will be in connection with a green energy event in Davis, 14 and 16 October. The 16 October coincide with a NATIONAL Plug-in Car day co-sponsored with the Sierra Club. On 16 October the tentative plan is for a gathering at the downtown (I believe) park in Davis and the 14 October would be a "cruise" through the downtown of a plug-in car convoy!.

More on all that as it emerges with the Davis event planning group.

Mark your calendars!

I just wanted to say thanks George for organizing this, my wife and I had a great time!
I look forward to the events in October.

-Mike

Thanks George. It was really a wonderful get together. I am sure we were able to help sway some minds as far as EV acceptance is concerned.
Hopefully I would be able to attend the meetings in October.

It was fun getting together and preaching the gospel of EV according to LEAF. I did make it back to Grass Valley with a 90 minute charge at the Galleria recharging both me and the LEAF. When I left there was another blue LEAF charging next to me. I was down to 13 miles on the guess-o-meter when I hit Auburn with 13 miles to go. Being faint of heart I stopped at Clipper Creek to pick up another 10 miles. I got home with 16 miles still showing, so, I could have made it. I'm still not comfortable estimating the effect of climbing on range, but that too will change. Davis will be more of a challenge but I will give it a shot, provided there is available charging there. Thanks again George for organizing the gathering.

That was us charging at the Galleria. Stopped by for some shopping and dinner.
It was the first time I used a chargepoint. It was great.
We used the one at Harvs carwash tonight and ate at chipotle.

Back