Sacramento Area/Davis: Chris Howell's "What is J1772 ?"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEAFer

Chris Howell (developer of the Open Source EVSE) is coming to UC Davis the evening of May 17 in cooperation with SacEV (Sacramento Area Electric Vehicle/Auto Association).

UPDATE: Presentation at SMUD cancelled. :-(

UPDATE: An Alternative Location (rather than SMUD) was arranged for the lunch-time Presentation :) See below poster.

For clarity:
NEW LOCATION! SPACE IS LIMITED! Email evsignup (at) earthlink.net or call Jim Willson
Pacific Business Center
8880 Cal Center Drive, Suite 400,
Sacramento [Near Hwy 50 and Watt Ave]

chowellsacareamoved2.jpg

Yay Chris. I highly recommend that those who live close enough attend. Chris really knows his stuff and the EV community owes him a debt of thanks.

NOTE: UPDATE ... An additional location over the lunch hour is available in Sacramento. However, please be aware that SMUD requires pre-registration and may limit total attendance. I am not aware of or informed about their policies, nor can I update regarding available space. If anyone decides to attend the SMUD location, please post back what you find out about the pre-registration process.

I updated the poster in the original post above.

:)

chris1howell said:
For those that can't make the tech talk this evening, I have posted a copy of the presentation on the OpenEVSE site.

https://open-evse.googlecode.com/files/J1772.pdf

Wow, truly awesome presentation. Can I use this at the June 8, 2013 meet in San Diego? Or better, you can present it.

One teeny quibble... "L3" DC charging does not "require" three phase AC power; it could be powered by single phase AC or DC, but there aren't many current machines that have that flexibility.

Back