Remote Climate Control - Cold Weather Use

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdcbomb

It was cold and rainy day, where the temperature was around 50 F. I decided to pre-warm my 2013 Leaf up using the CarWings App. When I arrived at the vehicle about 10 minutes later, all the windows were fogged up completely, and the inside of the car was warm, but extremely humid. It took a couple minutes after entering the vehicle, to turn on the A/C, and dry out the windows before driving.

My guess is the automatic Climate Control when activated remotely, and when the ambient temperature outside is below the automatic temperature setting, it will simply just blast warm un-conditioned air into the cabin.

Questions:

Is it normal to have windows fogged up and would this occur during the much colder winter weather, especially when it's snowing?

Can the climate control be set to automatically turn on the rear (thus side mirrors also) defogger / de-icer?

Is there a way to have the Climate Control provide conditioned warm air?

What exactly is the temperature that the vehicle is set to using the remote climate control feature?

I too have noticed that the air re-circulation is turned on whenever I remotely activate the climate control.

I guess the assumption is that without a live, breathing, body inside the car, the humidity won't be high enough to require fresh air. So far, for me, it's never caused window fogging.

Funny, the exact same thing happened to me earlier today at lunch. I pre-headed and when I got to the car, it was totally fogged over. However, if I remember from last fall, the colder it gets, the less fog I was getting inside when pre-heated. Really comes down to whatever the humidity is. The Leaf is notorious for fogging over even with moderate humidity. You will find using the head/ac defrost used a lot!

Back