Problems with battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimLee said:
At the Nissan corporate level I am sure they can generate the IC security card for reuse of an LBC.

But I agree it is unlikely that a dealer can do that.
Whole point of the card is to attempt to prevent individuals or dealers from repurposing battery packs.

Sound like:

a) A good challenge for our MNL boffins.

B) The basis for another class action, particularly when we start seeing folks buy packs.

mwalsh said:
Here's a thought...the ID is in the battery controller, right? So a new BCM MUST come with the same kind of IC card you get with a new pack. So how much are new battery control modules?

Is this it?

http://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanparts/index.cfm?action=replacement&siteid=14&selYear=2011&selOEmodel=ZE0&groupid=&sectionid=291&partcode=293A0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is on the bottom righ of the diagram:

291A%2007.jpg

what functions can i change with the nissan consult 3 +?????

here in austria the leaf had only 3,3kw charger until middle of 2014.
is there a way to activate the 6 kw charger at my leaf tekna 10/2013??
its build in sunderland

I wish I could double my pack's capacity with Consult 3+, but I don't think it is currently supported, how can I submit an enhancement request? ;)

Valdemar said:
Is this it?

http://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanparts/index.cfm?action=replacement&siteid=14&selYear=2011&selOEmodel=ZE0&groupid=&sectionid=291&partcode=293A0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is on the bottom right of the diagram:

So maybe $600-900 at an online discounter, depending on model, plus dealer fitting (if one can't do it oneself), plus ID programming into the VCM (definitely a job for someone with access to Consult III+, dealer or otherwise). That's not awful, all things considered.

xado1 said:
is there a way to activate the 6 kw charger at my leaf tekna 10/2013??
Nope.

For the pack issue, I would swap the LBC over from the old pack and go to a dealer to have them perform the clearing of the loss data.

Well if we had some DTC's from before his pack swap (like I had asked for!) I could have known better if that was the case or not...

JeremyW said:
Well if we had some DTC's from before his pack swap (like I had asked for!) I could have known better if that was the case or not...

There was something with cells voltage deviation, cannot remember exact text now, but I have it at home on paper. But I think after you see picture with cells voltages, there will be no doubt, that problem was with batteries:

Of course, it could be that there was problem with LBC, which didn't manage to balance batteries.

I am going to take out batteries again and swap to my old LBC on next weekend. After that I will always watch batteries cells myself, to avoid damage them, in case LBC is faulty.

I will post you results after weekend :)

Back