Price for traction battery pack?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiosDude

I was poking around nissanpartsdiscounts.com and think I've found a price for the traction battery of $4,326.53. Seems kinda low to me, but here's the Link

So I called my local dealer and he looked up part number 2900J0-3NA0B. He said that it was the motor, not the battery pack like Nissan Parts discount indicates. Anyone else want to check with their dealer and see if they have a different answer?

for sub $5k, we should pass the hat here and just order one...

it'll probably just be the price for the housing - didn't we have this same story with the Volt awhile back?

If anybody ever comes up with a price for a battery pack it will most likely be a jaw dropper. Other then the LEAF I have a I-MiEV. I found that Mitsubishi doesn't have a price for a pack nor will they sell any parts within or attached to the pack. As all cars are on warranty (at this time) they won't even discuss what to do if you have an accident and the car needs repair. I found some information from Europe where they broke down the component prices for the I-MiEV and found the traction batteries themselves accounted for 60% of the entire cost of building the car. I think for the near term, LEAF owners and others will have to get battery packs from junk yards. I did get a pack for the I-MiEV that way. The car I bought had 591 miles on it. The accident happend in February and the pack still had 50% state of charge when I took it out last week. I paid $6,200 for the entire car, got the Nav radio system, Chademo port, and computers I was looking for--and as a bonus, the entire traction battery pack.

I tried ordering a volt pack a while back, got a phone call that said GM was not selling them and I could not buy one regardless of whether I had a core or not (website didn't mention a core or charge)

So I would guess if you get a Nissan battery listing from a 1st, 2nd or 3rd party it either isn't what you think, its off a junkyard or they won't sell you one.

Just the way it is, likely for the next 5-10 years, sad but true.

Closed boxes aren't to be opened.

So who is going to call them on it? If they deliver a product not as described it should fall within the return policy.
Picture and description is pretty clearly says "main traction battery" to me.

I will be tempted when out of warranty and down 4 to 6 bars.

FYI, the price on that part, whatever it is, has gone up since last Thursday. The same part was priced at $1900 the last time I looked (yes, I do check regularly).

Edit: and checking some of the other online Nissan parts sites, they are showing it in the $2000-2500 region. Comes up, as you'd expect, as "motor assembly", "drive unit", etc...

1014227_10151811331604844_1158274132_n.jpg

Back