Poor Tire tread life on 2 year old 17K miles Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
OEM tires are cheaper versions of the real thing.

Not in every case, but auto manufacturers often make deals with tire companies to provide lower spec versions of their tires for new cars. Toyota apparently did it with Continental, and Nissan with Michelin.

Ok, I can go with that. My tire exposure has been quite limited for a while since my Priuses also had Ecopias but the load rating on the OEM Ecopias were 89 but Ecopias from Bridgestone (supposedly the "exact" replacement) were load rating 91.

Now guessing load rating doesn't affect wear all that much but what else has been changed? There was also a 15,000 mile difference in mileage rating.

I agree about the non-pus Ecopia's being worse than the Plus version. It's odd though since in my business, the OEM customers get the best of what we make and the rest goes to 'disty' aka general distribution, which is the stuff available to the general public.

I got 45,000 miles on my original tires. I rotated every 6000 miles & tried to keep proper pressure. I’m definitely not a gentle driver either.

Back