Poll : Will Volt "sales" top Leaf "sales" for October ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Volt beat Leaf US sales in Oct '11

• Yes, Volt sales will be higher

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • No, Leaf sales will be higher

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know that within a 100 mile radius of Charleston, SC there are no unsold Leafs. Each dealer has a Demo, which of course is not for sale, but that's it. However, Volts are easy to Find, the closest dealer has 7 of them 2011's and 2012's!

SanDust said:
GPowers said:
Kind of a lot of Volts to be sitting around. So are then selling?
Last June I went to a fan store at the strip mall next to Mossy. Looking across to Mossy you could see nine or ten Leafs parked in a row in the back. Plus there were a couple on the side/front. My assumption was that they had just gotten in a shipment and there were going to be some new happy Leaf owners. Perhaps that was a wrong assumption?
Definitely some weird distribution stuff with Volt.

Only 2 Volts near my house available - but more than 30 in other areas of Seattle metro. Considering our area is where you would expect $40K+ cars to be sold, this is bad allocation strategy. Guys who sell trucks aren't going to be selling many Volts. Met a couple here for plug-in day - they got sick of our local dealer wanting $$ extra and bought one in TX for MSRP & shipped it.

Back