Phoenix Cocktail Party - 1st Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverLeaf

Here are some pics taken at the Phoenix Cocktail Party, hosted by Nissan and the Nissan LEAF.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57087921@N06/5262133139/

The recipient is not a member of this forum, but has said he will look into it. Real nice guy, wish him much luck with his new Blue 2011 Nissan LEAF.

Note: There are a couple of dozen pics in the album (including a few hugs from the polar bear).

By the way, we all got to meet Mark Perry again. Another really, really nice guy.

He mentioned that the mud flaps are color coded (except possibly on the BLUE LEAFs).

Thanks, Silverleaf, for these great photos. They are just what I wanted to see with the production ocean blue color. I like it. It was good to see the LEAF with its headlights on . Someone finally plugged in the Blink charger so we could see the screen.

Looks like a fun evening and Mark Perry continues to rack up those FF miles.

Nissan put on a great party. I was there too and have to admit that blue color looks great. I am jealous I did not order it now. I talked to Ecototality a little bit and found out there will be 50 level 3 chargers in the Phoenix/Tucson area. I did not realize there would be that many. 80% will be in the greater Phoenix area, but she did mention some of them will be along the i10 corridor so we can freely drive to Tucson and commute and visit if we would like. The cocktail party was wonderful , the swag they gave out was unexpected (plush stuffed polar bear with adoption papers) , and the people were very nice. I got a picture of the temporary license plate but no vin! There were too many people towards the front of the car to get up there at that time. I did find it interesting the 1st AZ owner was in the EVP project. Here is the write up on the delivery which took place at the dealership yesterday.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2010/12/15/20101215nissan-leaf-phoenix.html

Once again I got 'gipped' for being early. (when will I learn)

I didnt even get to see the guys car. I got told to meet at the bar and I expected some sort of presentation and then a formal invitation to the car display. That never happened. Later I found out that everyone seemed to go to the car display first, then the bar.

Kinda bummed I didn't get to meet more of you and now that I see the pictures of you guys, surprised no one introduced themselves as I was the first one at the bar sitting at the entrance watching everyone come and go. Guess I should have brought a sign.

I recognized ERG4ALL and his wife because they said they would be wearing their LEAF shirts and I introduced myself.

I also met myleaf but he had to leave before anyone else got there.

It was nice meeting the three of them. We had some good conversations with a nissan engineer.

The 1st Delivery vehicle was covered by Channel 3 (KTVK) in Phoenix

Here's the link to the newscast from last evening:

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=111898354&sec=528732

It was nice getting to meet so many of you folks. Turbo, guess we passed in the night again.

(please see the note about postponing the breakfast gathering until February).

SilverLeaf said:
The 1st Delivery vehicle was covered by Channel 3 (KTVK) in Phoenix

Here's the link to the newscast from last evening:

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=111898354&sec=528732

It was nice getting to meet so many of you folks. Turbo, guess we passed in the night again.

(please see the note about postponing the breakfast gathering until February).

News people never cease to annoy me. It is not the "First" EV in Arizona... just the first Nissan LEAF.

Most humanoids are not very accurate in their "communications", even when they believe that they are using the same language.

Then, add over 3000 spoken languages, mix in "translation", and ... well, it is no wonder that your world has trouble getting along. In many cases you cannot understand ANYTHING that the other person is saying, and you are both SURE that the other guy is the "foreign" person. Then, you both, for some totally unknown reason, trust the translator! :eek:

Often, what you thought you heard was NOT what the other meant to convey to you. And, that's even when both are trying to be truthful. :D

I did not even get to see the production car. They shuffled us off to the cocktail party area and some of us were busy talking to corporate people who were willing to answer questions. At that point in time I was learning things and did not really care if the car was out there or not. The information we learned was well worth going. And if anyone is wondering what they discussed we were told not to repeat any of what we learned. All I will say is that things keep getting better around this car.

GroundLoop said:
Sooo... nobody got the VIN?
That's funny.

You haven't heard? The VINs aren't in any sequential order, i.e. someone could have a later delivery with a lower VIN, so you can stop obsessing about it now. ;)

LEAFfan said:
GroundLoop said:
That's funny.

You haven't heard? The VINs aren't in any sequential order, i.e. someone could have a later delivery with a lower VIN, so you can stop obsessing about it now. ;)

I don't care about the order of VIN assignments. I'm mostly curious to know if it's already listed in the spreadsheet (ie, is a MNL participant), or if it's in the same range of values we've seen ~150-250.

GroundLoop said:
That's funny.
This is from the silver LEAF (credit to turbo2ltr)...
clipboard1gl.jpg

johnr said:
GroundLoop said:
That's funny.
This is from the silver LEAF (credit to turbo2ltr)...

Is that the car that sold, or one of the preproduction prototypes that were there on display? To be included in our document it should only be from the sold vehicle.

yeah that was the pre-prod. I think the other one was 042 or 048, cant remember.

Anyone see the drive log on the passenger seat? I found it very interesting because we made a very similar one for testing the F450 hybrid. It looked almost identical.

The numbers they were getting were over 4mi/kw with essentially no pack heating during driving or charging.

Back