One-touch (mobile & web) shortcuts to Carwings commands

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gboudreau

(In case people missed it last time I posted about this...)
I just improved the visual, and speed, of my web-app that provides one-click shortcuts to some Carwings commands: climate control on & off, start charging, get status.

Some snapshots:

Here's a little video of the thing in action:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/71uujuuqjch00tu/LEAF%20Quick%20Access.mov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(there's 20 secs delay when I hit status in there; you might want to skip ahead there...)

The code is available on Github: https://github.com/gboudreau/LEAF_Carwings_EasyAccess" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't have a web server to run this, and would be willing to trust me with your Carwings username & password (you might want to create a second user just for this), I can give you a unique URL to control your LEAF from my server.

Cheers.

I get an undefined message when I click on any of the actions. I do not see a log any logs. Is there a way to debug this?

If it's a Javascript error, open your browser error console (I suggest you debug in Chrome).
On your server, you can check your Apache (or equivalent) error_log.

If it's a JS error, you can send me a link to your install, and I should be able to find the issue.
You can always changed your GUID afterwards, to make sure I won't start your AC remotely! ;)

You're either missing the .htaccess file on your server, or your host provider doesn't allow you to ForceType using .htaccess files.
(.htaccess is a hidden file on Mac/Linux, so you might have missed it when transferring the files onto your server.)

Fix that, and make sure this link is executed as PHP, and doesn't just download the 'status' file as plain-text:

http://domain.com/leaf/status?id=your_guid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, I just committed a change on Github to not need that anymore.
If you re-download the zip/tgz from Github, and replace your files (don't replace your config file, I didn't change that), you should be fine.

Cheers.

Is there actually an app for these, or are they just bookmarks saved to the home screen (somehow)?

I'm referring specifically to the little icons... I can get the URLs to work, but I'm not entirely sure how I can save these as bookmarks within iOS...

They are home screen shortcuts to those URLs.
When you click a link on the main page, click the "Bookmark this page" link, and when it's done loading, hit the button in the browser to share the page (it looks like a curved arrow). Choose the option to create a shortcut on your home screen.

OK, next (possibly stupid?) question... I got my car and have entered the username and password into the dash, with the same user/pass edited into the config.inc.php file... but when I go to execute one of the commands, I get a black screen in reply with only the word "undefined" at the top... so i think I've got something screwed up, but I can't seem to figure out what. Any suggestions?

The password is different from the Carwings dashboard password.
The password you need to enter in the config file is the password you use to login on the Carwings website.
I think the username is the same, but again, it's the one you enter to login on the website you need to use.

Back