On Mode - Using A/C to cool car while plugged in Q:

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolios

I learned from this forum how to place the car into On mode instead of Ready mode for use of accessories while connected to the charger. That this is a good idea for prepping the car to a comfortable temperature while not depleting power from the battery at the start of a trip.
My question:
How do I go about disconnecting the vehicle/changing its state now that I have used this technique to either cool the vehicle or heat the vehicle?
Do I need to completely shut everything off before disconnecting the charger or will it be ok to leave the car on while unplugging?
I am guessing I need to shut everything down. I would like to know so that if someone in the household pulls the plug while it's on doing its thing that that won't cause any harm.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't tried it, but I assume would be OK, because like you pointed, what if someone from the house or a child accidentally unplugs it? I am sure Nissan engineers have taken this into consideration too.

In any case, this is a great idea: I mean running the climate control while charging. I just asked a friend and he said "It's going to be okay to unplug the charging cord while in that state."

Back