Oh the irony...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatcat73

Took my leaf in for the 5 star battery checkup, front suspension noise when turning in cold weather, PDM update and windshield nozzle adjustment.

After driving green for a year, the loaner they gave me was a Yukon XL

A couple times I had reserved a corolla-type car or minivan at Hertz only to come out and find they had upgraded me to a Tahoe. I'm sure they thought they were doing me a favor. The first time I was in a hurry and just took bigfoot, but later questioned the wisdom of that move when it was time to gas it up on the return. Since then I go back to the window and make them change it.

Those things drive like crap, I don't know why anyone would want one.

At 16,000 miles? What is with the U.S. built Leafs?!

Phatcat73 said:
apparently my front strut mounts and bearings need to be replaced and they're on back-order. I'll be driving the boat a bit longer than expected.

Holy crap!

I despise those battering rams of death, at least when being driven solo or w/minimal cargo and passengers. :evil: I'd have tried very hard to have them give me something else or refused it.

Fortunately, I have a Prius to fallback to if I my Leaf is out of service.

Ohh.. I wouldn't drive it. I'm flat out dangerous with large vehicles. I've never been any good at judging distances in them and can't park them worth a crap. If nothing else was available I'd just have to go rent a small econobox from Hertz or something. Yes, I've also had rental car companies act like they were doing me a favor by moving me up to a larger vehicle. I would have to tell them I'd much rather take a smaller vehicle. I'd rather drive a smart car than a tank.

adric22 said:
... Yes, I've also had rental car companies act like they were doing me a favor by moving me up to a larger vehicle. I would have to tell them I'd much rather take a smaller vehicle. I'd rather drive a smart car than a tank.
They are trying to do themselves a favor. If they run out of small cars, people who are looking online will see them as having a higher price or only bigger cars, and will book with their competitors, They like to maintain as balanced as inventory as they can manage.

Of course there are plenty of people who actually consider the bigger car an upgrade, particularly folks whose companies are the ones who required the cheapest rental option.

Back