Northern LA County Leaf Gathering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had foot surgery on Tuesday so we'll have to see if I am up to it by then. If so, I'll be there!

Tom

ggodman said:
Sunday July 10

8:30 AM

Home Town Buffet
7868 Van Nuys Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91402

Has good parking, close to the freeway, centrally located.

Hope to see you all there.

ggodman said:
Sunday July 10

Home Town Buffet
7868 Van Nuys Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91402

I'll definitely try to be there - but I probably won't partake in the hometown buffet dining experience.

ggodman said:
Sunday July 10
Home Town Buffet
7868 Van Nuys Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91402

Will try and be there
43 miles for me over the 101.
I will drive 50mph and hope not to get hit.
On the way back probably have to stop at a nissan dealer ;-)

Danny

fromport said:
ggodman said:
Sunday July 10
Home Town Buffet
7868 Van Nuys Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91402

Will try and be there

Danny

You could charge at Miller Nissan on Van Nuys just south of Burbank. That's where I bought my car.
You also could charge at my house next to Balboa Park, about 8 miles from the restaurant.

SharonaLA said:
fromport said:
Will try and be there
You could charge at Miller Nissan on Van Nuys just south of Burbank. That's where I bought my car.
You also could charge at my house next to Balboa Park, about 8 miles from the restaurant.

I drove today from camarillo (where I live) to and back from Ojai. In total it was a 65 mile drive. I went 60 on the way over there ( i was kind of late) and 50 on the way back. I made it home with 11 miles left in the batteries :(
So tomorrow -> 2 x 43 = 86 over the highway is not realistic to do on a full charge. I just hooked the leaf up to the trickle charger (live in the wrong zipcode area for the EVproject) and haven't decided if I want to put in L2 charger (we live in a rental. According to carwings it will take 12 hrs from now to be recharged.
So it won't even be full when I need to leave. Also the fact I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon at 1pm, everything just doesn't seem to work out. So I made the decision I won't attend tomorrow. Thank you for your offer/advise. I will plan things a bit better next time (I hope)

Enjoy the meeting tomorrow.
I hope to see some pictures and some subjects that were spoken of.

Danny

Funny, my wife took the car after I had been out doing errands during the day and came home at 10 pm with 10 miles on the gauge, 1 bar. I'll get about half a charge tonight before I leave in the morning so it will be fine for me but that is the lowest I've ever been on the car so far (I only do L1 as well). I think I may be having breakfast by myself in the morning, LOL.

ggodman said:
Funny, my wife took the car after I had been out doing errands during the day and came home at 10 pm with 10 miles on the gauge, 1 bar. I'll get about half a charge tonight before I leave in the morning so it will be fine for me but that is the lowest I've ever been on the car so far (I only do L1 as well). I think I may be having breakfast by myself in the morning, LOL.
My wife took the Leaf out beofre the last meeting at Bob's in Burbank (I do L1 too), and hot footed it to the point of iffy, but we made it to the meet up and home. I did see my first low battery warning, but it was less than a mile from home, so no worries. We had just put the carpool stickers on it, so she had to use them - glad she did too.

I won't be able to make it - going to take the Leaf to the Cathouse in Rosamond. We still have to decide on a place for the 30th. Perhaps the Rose Bowl in Pasadena? Of course they are having a food fest on the 16th, (http://foodmarathon.wordpress.com/2011/06/30/la-street-food-fest-2011-brings-the-ruckus/) but with Carmeggedon, I don't want to plan a meet. With all the physically fit people that jog, bike, or walk on that area it might be a good place for an impromtu "parade" of EV drive vehicles. Get food before or after with people you want to spend more time with? What does the group think, and perhaps discuss it tomorrow?

It was a great time this morning, it was fun and great to put faces to people on the forums. Thanks to everyone and especially Gary for sharing his knowledge and showing all the great things he's been doing for the community, can't wait to try the software out.

Hope to see you all the next time.

I enjoyed meeting like-minded drivers! I'll have to miss you all on the 30th, because I'm officiating my friends' wedding in Long Beach.

My offer of the Blink charging still stands, although today my Blink is saying Error 502. It still charges though. I probably need to power cycle it.

A bit far for my LEAF, but the Prius said 133 miles and 56.3 mpg (it lies a little) when we got back home.

People up there with a thirst to learn about their new cars, everything from un-hiding the ACCURATE clock and "why use L2" to "when will I see Turtle mode" (not a thing most folks should strive for).

However, I was glad that I could participate, at least this once. I believe that you will really enjoy helping each other on this path of discovery and eventual mastery.

Remember, in public, lijebut or not, we are all representatives of a MUCH larger happening, a movement toward "The Saving of the Earth". If we learn to Lead, others will Follow. If we teach to Lead, then they can teach others, ... and others!

Devin said:
We had a great time this morning even though it was a small gathering. We discussed charging, EVSE mods, SOC meters, and even played around a bit with the MiniE and the Avcon charger at the Metrolink station!

Northern LA/SFV LEAF Meet 7/10/2011 by iDevin, on Flickr

That Gary, he sure gets around, doesn't he? "And where does he get all of his wonderful toys?" :lol:

TangoKilo said:
When/where is the next "Norther" gathering? :cool:

I am wondering the same thing. All best to the group I met at Bob's Big Boy--and hopefully there will be even more Leafers at our next gathering. There had been talk of Sat Jul 30--but from what I can gather from the Forum, nothing is firm.

Back