Northern LA County Leaf Gathering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we have a group! I will check with Bob's tomorrow to see if there will be any problems/issues.

See you all Thursday, meet in the parking lot and hang out till 6:30, then go eat.

Best, Eric and Nancy

Attending, or at least planning on it:
Caracalover and Wildcatzoo - Eric and Nancy
TangoKilo
hobbyguy
Kataphn
SharonaLA

Ok, so I called and they have no issues/problems with 6 pm Thursday.

Anybody else? That is this Thursday June 30, 6pm at:

Bob's Big Boy
4211 West Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA
(818) 843-9334

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 09645&z=17

It is 59 miles through bad traffic up 1-5 to get there at 6 PM (from Laguna Hills) for me. I could make it, but I would need something like 4 or 5 hours of charging to make it home.

Maybe I could Leap-LEAF with somebody closer to me who is also going?

Slightly like leap-frog: I drive to your house and ride with you (with the SOC-Meter, if you would like to try it), and my LEAF charges at your house while we are gone.
Any offers?

For Show-and-Tell I can offer:
1. show adapers for the Upgraded EVSE
2. show/demo a usable SOC-Meter
3. show a 3-channel CAN-data gathering system
4. use my laptop to demo the CAN-Do program
5. view the LEAF Service Manual on the laptop

Also, it would be fun!

garygid said:
Edit and Re-do your link, please.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=BOB%27s+BIG+BOY+4211+W+Riverside+Dr+Burbank,+CA+91505&sll=34.152292,-118.346153&sspn=0.006535,0.009645&ie=UTF8&ll=34.152292,-118.346153&spn=0.006313,0.009645&z=17

garygid said:
It is 59 miles through bad traffic up 1-5 to get there at 6 PM (from Laguna Hills) for me. I could make it, but I would need something like 4 or 5 hours of charging to make it home.

Slightly like leap-frog: I drive to your house and ride with you (with the SOC-Meter, if you would like to try it), and my LEAF charges at your house while we are gone.
Any offers?

Also, it would be fun!
Would love to have you, the information you can share is valuable. I don't have 220 at the house though, so the leap frog option won't work through me easily. There is a Glendale Nissan dealer (You might want to call them, I have never been over there) that I could pick you up from and then drop you off at. There is another at Century city, but that is not as convenient for me. Once Burbank puts in some chargers this won't be an issue, and a downtown venue will likely be in the future.
The page to watch for that: http://www.burbankwaterandpower.com/electric-vehicles/plug-in-electric-vehicles

garygid said:

Any offers?

Also, it would be fun!

You could charge at my house, but I'm off the 405/101, not the 5. It's about 70-75 miles, depending on what part of Laguna Beach you come from. Plus climbing the 405 into the valley takes some juice. I'm about 15-25 minutes from the restaurant, depending on traffic.

Gary,

I can pick you up and return you to Glendale Nissan. Earliest time for pickup would be 5:30pm. The dealership is on Brand amongst many other car dealerships. Shopping and restaurants are about 5 blocks to the north starting with the Americana complex.

Though Glendale is most convenient for me, I could also pick you up from Downtown LA or Alhambra. There is also Universal City Nissan.

I have decided to wait until your group has a Saturday or Sunday morning meeting, when we will probably have more time, and there will be very little traffic.

The 3:30 onwards commute traffic on I-5 is just too much for me to "battle" today.

But, Thanks 91040, I appreciate it.
Have a good time getting to know each other.
The new friendships are important.
Cheers, Gary

Count me in. I'll be bringing my blue Leaf.

Gary, if you change you mind, let me know. I don't have 220V yet, but Performance Nissan in Monrovia is 10min away from me.

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing the SOC meter in the flesh. But I do understand traffic!

Tom

garygid said:
I have decided to wait until your group has a Saturday or Sunday morning meeting, when we will probably have more time, and there will be very little traffic.

lincomatic said:
Count me in. I'll be bringing my blue Leaf.

Gary, if you change you mind, let me know. I don't have 220V yet, but Performance Nissan in Monrovia is 10min away from me.

Argh! Sorry, I forgot I promised to take my kids to Knotts Berry Farm tomorrow. No way I'll get home in time for the
meetup. Next time.

chris1howell said:
I will be there as well (Leaf will have to stay at home)...

I too was hoping to see the CAN SOC project. no pressure Gary.

Chris

I have taken my Leaf over the crest highway and got to the 210 freeway with 4 bars remaining, and that is from Rosamond. If you want to try it, we can likely make it work. I go from Altadena to Burbank every day with only 1 bar. Let us know, it will be great to have you either way.

The list looks like this now:
Attending, or at least planning on it:
Caracalover and Wildcatzoo - Eric and Nancy
TangoKilo
hobbyguy
Kataphn
SharonaLA
chris1howel
mogur

garygid said:

The 3:30 onwards commute traffic on I-5 is just too much for me to "battle" today.

But, Thanks 91040, I appreciate it.
Have a good time getting to know each other.
The new friendships are important.
Cheers, Gary

I would say the same thing coming from where you are Gary. Love the enthusiastic support though. I am sure another gathering will take place soon, perhaps you want to pick a date now? I know my wife would like to see what you have done with the SOC meter. but I will tell you now that Sundays are out for us.

Best, Eric

Saturday July 16th, breakfast at ...
Or, July 30th, since I have Gatherings down here on the 9th and the 23rd of July.

Near the middle or end of your meeting, see it those who are there ... want MORE!

Lets try a not-expensive breakfast (maybe buffet) place, with lots of room?

Add us in-- my son David and I plan to join you... I've had an Ocean Blue Leaf since mid-April. Is the gather time around 6PM (at the Burbank Bob's Big Boy)? thanks for organizing this--should be fun! And maybe we can answer some of each other's questions... like: how can I turn off the now annoying start-up chime?

Cheers, Bob

Back