Northern California S + Charger Package 36 month lease

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egizzi

Posted somewhere else on this board:

The deal is done.

Not with the local dealer

Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City. They came through with everything they promised.

S + Charger Package
36 month lease
After Taxes: $174 per month
After CA $2500 rebate: $845 upfront once I get my check from the state
Lease Dispo Fee: $395
This included VPP discount

Total = 20.3 cents per mile

I managed to turn down: prepaid service, lease protection plan (from dings/stains, etc, $800).

Very professionally done.

What I did was:

email many local dealers with my specific requests for models and the 3 leasing questions I learned from this board.
Toss emails that did not answer my question
Toss the one email from a dealer who said that because dealers are so unscrupulous, I should drive an hour to his dealership for an honest lease deal
Wait (unintentionally) until the end of the month as they seem to want to deal more to meet or exceed quotas
Turn the dealers loose on each other with requests that they not just match the local dealer, but actually beat them
Try to give my business to my local dealer (2 hours of negotiating is trying in my book)
Go to the dealer that gave me the best deal AND spelled it out in great detail in an email

I think the 3 question leasing cost concept I learned from this board is understood by some dealers and not by all. I think you want to work with the ones that get the "what am I paying for in total for 3 years of ownership" dealer. My local dealer (young guy, new at the job), just didn't get it. When they suggested based on my annual income that I should stop negotiating for a few beans with them and just take their already-money-losing-offer, they lost me. They insisted the other dealer was lying and that I would go there only to be shown different numbers. They were wrong. Because my dealer and I settled on a total per month cost of ownership for 3 years, sliced between upfront costs, monthly after tax costs, and the lease dispo fee.

Sorry, thought I was posting it to the main lease discussion. Didn't mean to start a new thread. Maybe someone can copy this thread to the main one and kill this one

I sent message but never replied about detail for his lease deal, if you are really not another dealer pretending guy, please share the info, those don't have your name or ssn, why not??? If you do not want to go pulic, message me,

Msrp
Your final cap cost
Money factor AKA your interest rate

that'll really help all leaf members understanding more, if op didn't want to share, I really don't get why posting your lease deal without any details here????????????????

Maybe I'm a dealer? That's funny.

Perhaps you are?

I have no idea what kind of numbers you are referring to. Interest rate? money factor? final cap cost? Huh?

My approach was based on the method explained in this forum.

I focused on cents per mile.

And I did pm you with this same information.

ok, then please post your

Original MSRP
Final car price before tax
interest / MF= Money factor

it'll say on your paper, you never messaged those, if you do not want to share, not sure why you posted those lease number and dealer name

Back