No Nissan certified pre-owned Leafs allowed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperlexis

Is Nissan not offering Leafs under their certified pre-owned program? When I have done searches on Nissan's website, the drop down search box for finding a dealer certified used model does not even include "Leaf" to pick from. The other models are there, just not the Leaf.

What gives?

I doubt they have enough available to even start a program yet much the parts to refurbish them

It would be crazy to think they would sell them without refreshing the battery packs which is sometbing tbey cannot do right now.
I would expect to see them by mid spring at the earliest

I doubt they have enough available to even start a program yet much the parts to refurbish them

It would be crazy to think they would sell them without refreshing the battery packs which is sometbing tbey cannot do right now.
I would expect to see them by mid spring at the earliest

I know quite few that bought like new condition Leaf, and latter find out that battery capacity not at 100% anymore. They are not very happy and do not think they will recommend Leaf.

EdmondLeaf said:
I know quite few that bought like new condition Leaf, and latter find out that battery capacity not at 100% anymore. They are not very happy and do not think they will recommend Leaf.

ya, those are just "used" cars. certified LEAFs i am guessing will have new or reconditioned packs to 100% of original capacity and since the battery pack supply is still constrained, there wont be any available right away.

now its rumored that Nissan will have the battery pack supply lines filled within next 2 months? or so and at that time i expect to see refurbished ones for sale.

other thing to think about is most would come from returned leases and so the real influx wont start happening until early next year.

It was suggested by Andy Palmer that they do not want to change battery often, maybe twice in the lifetime, therefore I won't be so sure if they will start reconditioning battery. Maybe is better to concentrate on selling new and do not worry what used car buyer think.

LTLFTcomposite said:
How do you "recondition" the battery?

google it. batteries are one the most recycled items there are. it will not be feasible to expect that the original OEM pack will be pulled out, reconditioned and reinstalled. Instead there will be an existing stock of extra packs used instead making it a very simple job of just over an hour to swap out the old with the new.

as far as reconditioning batteries who are at 80-90%, am guessing they will be taken to be used in other applications where the weight/performance ratio is not so critical which means the earliest of CPO LEAFs will have new battery packs.

only packs that have degraded much more will be reconditioned i am guessing to the cost factor and the return value consideration

Back