NissanConnect being buggy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longlivethez

Has anyone else had the NissanConnect software be super buggy for them? We just got our '16 Leaf and I'm VERY impressed with the integration that NissanConnect affords...when it works. 1/4 the time, it's all epic rainbows and unicorn poop. 3/4 the time, I'm trying to get the app to see the car and the car to see Pandora and so on. It seems to work better on my phone (Nexus 6P running a SUPER janky beta dev build of Android N) than it does on my wife's phone (a stock Galaxy S 6 Active...and it's her car) but that may just be coincidence.

Is there a software update for the software in the car's head unit? I'm already running the current version of NissanConnect, however I haven't created accounts yet for either of us to use in the app and we've just been using it as a "guest". Does this make a difference?

Thanks for any info.

Where you live do you have good cell coverage? After that check to see if the leaf is getting good signal on it's AT&T 2G service. I always make sure to have the latest app on our phones. If it works sometimes as a "guest" it should always work in my opinion. I don't know how to check or update software in the car. Other than the recent security issue where the whole app system was down for a while it has worked about 95% of the time for us. If no one on this forum can help I would talk to your dealer, although that can be hit-or-miss.

Just to be clear, NissanConnect works via the internet and you would connect via bluetooth to use apps such as Pandora in the leaf. You cannot connect to the leaf via bluetooth to use NissanConnect.

good luck

The 2G service can be very slow at times and I've found that sometimes I may get a box that says it's not connecting but if I hit the back button on my phone, all the info I was trying to get is actually there. I also have found that closing the app and restarting it when I need it works better for me than leaving it running in the background and hoping to just refresh the information.

Back