Nissan Pre paid maintenance plan, Good deal or not?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnrhansen said:
I was quite offended by the way the finance lady treated me when I said I didn't want any of that stuff. Acted like I was a total idiot for turning it down. I mentioned my feelings to the manager afterwards on the survey. He gave me a free detail... I'm saving that for after this winter when the car is good and dirty!

I found out later that dealers don't really make much profit on the sale of a new car. Most of the money they make is on the servicing, and in selling your trade in... but the grandaddy of all profit for them is the sales of extended warranties, maintenance contracts, tire and paint protection plans, undercoating... etc. I'm glad I walked away without getting hit. I sure hope the car runs well and I don't regret not getting any of that.

In-house financing is also where they get a good deal of profit, whether from the manufacturer or a third-party finance company. When I bought my Audi as a Certified Pre-Owned, I went with their financing, believing my credit union could not beat it. But they did, so I went with my credit union instead.

You should have heard the finance person from the Audi dealership calling me to inquire why my credit union was now financing the deal. From the tone of her voice on my voicemail, you'd think I just kidnapped one of her children.

Didn't wanna start a new topic, but got my Leaf yesterday, and the Salesman and Finance guy did a hard press to sell this plan to me. They offered $727 for the 3 year's of MX on the lease. I passed on the deal.

blueangel78 said:
Didn't wanna start a new topic, but got my Leaf yesterday, and the Salesman and Finance guy did a hard press to sell this plan to me. They offered $727 for the 3 year's of MX on the lease. I passed on the deal.

Most F&I people are strictly commission so you can expect the hard sell. I passed on my VW contract despite the man telling me EV's go through brakes! Yeah right. Regeneration makes the brakes last longer. After that lie I stopped listening.

Back