Nissan Leaf Test Drive Tour Reports (Oct 1-3)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about anyone else but I have been eating all the video I can find and I still am not satisfied. :mrgreen:

No problem. Anyone else want full res versions of anything I've posted, just go ahead and send me a PM.

Don't forget to keep your event wristband...you'll need the number on it to download any photos or video that Nissan takes for you from drivenissanleaf.com. The photos and video are available from 6pm on the Monday following that weekend's event.

mwalsh said:
sparky said:
2) Plugged in my iPhone (brought my USB connector) and played some Bob Marley through the stereo using the steering wheel & panel controls etc... works great.

That was you? That was me sitting next to you in the passenger seat! :lol:...
That's funny. I'm afraid if I see you again I won't recognize you since I have no recollection of who was sitting next to me. I assume you were the guy with the camera?... duh. All other memories are mixture of taupe, blue,red,black,white & silver.
BTW, I looked at the kick plates of 5 LEAFs and never saw any "hologram kick plate". So, something for others to look for.

It was great to see Mike W. today in Santa Monica. I was in the second group to take the test drive. Took a couple of pics of Mike on his drive. He will have to upload them if he wants. I did not get a chance to hear the pedestrian sound because it was turned off (yes, there is a switch down by the driver knee area on the left side dash.) Wow, where can I start? Others have given complete reports. I was concerned if I fit ( I am 6 foot 3 inches) and I fit fine in front with a couple inches to spare headroom wise. Steering wheel adjusted for my knees. In back, I was squished if driver had seat all the way back but if not, my legs fit fine. Headroom in back was tight for me. The seats did not feel skimpy both in width and length. It was amazing to drive it on city streets and push it a little and not feel any shifting of a transmission. It just goes like a shot. They let us take all the time we wanted crawling over the cars that were parked. It was nice not to feel rushed. Colors: I liked them all. White seemed creamy, silver very sharp, blue now darker was terrific, red is very good, black, too. They are the production colors (I asked.)
Beautiful day at the beach in LA! I am sure we forum folks were passing each other like ships in the night, not knowing who was who. I should have stood up on a bench and called out Mynissan leaf, you all come here!
Looking forward to reading everyone's impressions. Very happy I am choosing Leaf.

I hope that some "drivers" will want to attend our "SoCal Gathering #2" on Saturday morning, 16 Oct. at Hometown Buffet (on 17th) in Santa Ana.

It will be fun to share driving impressions, and just chat.
Most decide to eat breakfast.

mwalsh said:
Rear seat legroom with drivers seat pushed all the way back. Guy in the front seat while I was sitting there said he was 6' and was fine with the legroom. I am 5' 8".
From hanging out in one for about twenty minutes -- it depends on how far back the front driver/passenger "leans" the seat back. The front seats lean back quite a ways, and if that happens you have no leg room in the back seat. Plenty of room for your feet but not for you knees. If the seats are upright, in a more normal position, there is plenty of room even if you have six footers in the front and the back. So ... you're not going to be able to lie down with passengers in the back. :lol:

But it's not a huge car so you can't expect the same room you'd get in a Mercedes S series.

Local ABC station will be showing there video in this hour.

Here is my (partial) test drive video. Sorry for video quality...let's all blame the Nissan guy. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZ0SZ-aExY[/youtube]

mwalsh,

What is that box on the front bumper of the white Leaf photo? It looks like a spot to mount something?

One more question is it me or does all the videos I have seen have loud turn signal sound. CLIC CLIC

Gonewild said:
mwalsh,

What is that box on the front bumper of the white Leaf photo? It looks like a spot to mount something?

The thing that looks like a cover? Behind that is the towing eye.

The turn signals don't seem that loud in the car. It must just be a frequency that does a number on microphones.

Santa Monica stop could have been better much orchestrated OUTSIDE the Nissan pavilion (like people telling you where parking was available instead of "You can't park here."). Once you got to Nissan-land things were much better except for film crews who seemed to be everywhere and to have priority over every other activity. (What ever happened to reality TV?)

Liked the car very much = silent, stable & swift. Major concern is poor rear vision through the back window especially if the rear passengers' headrests are up. Hope that the side mirrors don't have significant blind spots. Does anyone know if you can turn the rear facing camera on while you are going forward?

Over all impression: two thumbs up. Unfortunately my wife was sick and didn't get to drive. Just as well since I am going to have to fight to keep her and the grandchildren from running off with it all the time.

If you go to this event, make sure you see the X-Prize motorcycle - what a beast!

owsinla said:
Major concern is poor rear vision through the back window especially if the rear passengers' headrests are up.

I was wondering about that too. In our CUV we've removed the headrests for better visibilty. That is what I'll do in Leaf, if it is a problem.

When I rented Prius for a day it felt like driving in a cave. Very poor back window visibility compared to Maxima.

Hi Everyone!
Sounds like you all had great test drives! My question is this: I am taking my wife and mother to the Santa Monica event Saturday- my LEAF drive is scheduled for 11 AM. Will I be able to let my wife and/or mother to drive the LEAF as well? How long do you get to drive it? There are three of us- will only one of us be able to drive the LEAF?
THANK YOU for you responses and feedback!

John

Here is the sort of embarrassing "Nissan Leaf Won't Start" video :? :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUJWjrfHhg[/youtube]

John, it will be VERY busy tomorrow. I'm pretty sure you'll find they're limiting driving to the people who have signed up.

Oh, I forgot to mention ECO mode. I put it into ECO a few seconds after starting out from a signal.....both the increased pressure required on the go pedal, relative lack in performance, and the increased amount of regen were very noticeable. It is not a mode I can see me using unless I'm already cruising and really kinda need to.

mwalsh said:
No, probably the third. Did you notice that the start-up theme didn't play though? I didn't notice it at the time, but do now I see/hear the video.
Yeh. No startup music. Probably means the computer didn't bootup properly - or was never down.

So "Carlos" came and tried the shifter and it just worked ?

The car needs a reset button that you can reach only with a pencil ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back