Nissan dealerships migrating to ABB DCFC chargers - how to pay?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMcDonne

I've stopped by two Nissan dealerships which were listed on plugshare.com as having open chargers. Both dealerships had ABB cabinets. Well, one cabinet was still boxed and on a pallet, but the other dealership had a charger which looked operational. However, there was no payment network listed: no logos for EVGo, ChargePoint, Electrify America (though EA is phasing out Chademo support), or anything else. There was a logo with a white 'e' with a plug on a blue background, which Google Image Search could not get any hits for.

I talked to the dealership and they said the ABB box was installed last week, but had no further information on it. I found https://inchargeus.com/in-charge-energy-to-supply-charging-systems-to-500-us-nissan-dealerships/ which discusses how In-Charge is replacing the cabinets to support the Ariya.

Does anybody know how to get a charge from these things?

Assuming they are like most Nissan dealers you would just plug it in to charge for free. Otherwise I'd see if it's listed on EVGo's map of chargers since Nissan has previously had different partnerships with them.

Back