New user - 2018 SL owner here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings all. I've been meaning to join this site for some time. We own a 2018 SL with 44K miles on it.
SOH = 88.01%
Hx = 65.76%

As you can see, my Hx is below average (IMHO).

I've joined this site to learn more about the Leaf and to understand more about if I should be concerned about the Hx value of my battery. I'll post on that specifically in an appropriate section.

For now...just saying hi!

Thanks!

Welcome aboard.
I purchased a 1 owner 2018 SL just short of 6 months ago. Once I learned about LeafSpy, I grabbed a first screenshot and my Hx was much less than I had read about with the previous generation of Leafs. (have no clue what it actually reflects)

1000019687.jpg

Also note that with the Gen2, LeafSpy had to be configured to read mileage correctly. (the car had ~18,000 miles on it)

I took a fresh LeafSpy screenshot today. Just over 4000 miles of office commute and errand running. Hx has dropped a little. SOH has dropped a tiny bit. AHr has dropped a tiny bit.

I got ZERO complaints if the rate of degradation stays similar to what the first 1/2 year has been.

1000019688.jpg

As far as I understand it , the Hx value is the internal conductance of the battery as compared to a new. I don't know if 65% is below average, but it means that your internal resistance is somewhat higher than it was as new, which is perfectly normal. It also means that your battery will heat up slightly faster when you charge (and probably when you drive). Depending on where you live and how you drive that may be a good or bad thing.. ;-)

I would not worry about it.

What is much more interesting is how the individual cell voltages look like.

That Cell Voltage delta is nice and tight (~6mv) at higher SOC, but it expands into the 20's when SOC is down around 30%.

From what I've read, that's still pretty tight for a Nissan battery? :)

Back