New to Forum

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsiorLeaf

Hello there new owner here, got my 2018 as a CPO car last year with 27ks on it. So far all good except for dodgy range. I dont use LeafSpy as I am worried it will break my heart.

I have a Leaf SV ... the mid range one (?) and it has the heated seats package as opposed to so many on offer at the time with the protection package.

You really should get LeafSpy since it will tell you so much about the state of the battery. Well worth the $30 investment IMHO.

How are you measuring range? If you are looking at the GOM, ie Guess-O-Meter that shows how many miles of range is left in the battery, that is known to be quite misleading. Much better to use LeafSpy to find the SOC (state of charge) of the battery and use that to calculate the range available and the condition of the battery.

Hi @goldbrick
I do use the GOM however as an example...

yesterday I chargepointed to 140 miles... left work and drove home 25 miles, range at destination 115.
Then did groceries back on interstate , return trip 18 miles, range at point of return 100 miles.

This morning I drove to work and started at 100miles drove 25 miles and at destination I had 35 miles.
Yes a 25 mile trip yielded 65 miles of battery consumption.

For background my car is permanently on eco mode , and I never drive with air con.
When possible I drive cruise control on.

Happy to spend the $30 but I need to know if my car which is CPO has a poor SOH what do I do?
From reading forums it says that Nissan doesnt care if it shows that all bars are charging.

Maybe this deserves its own thread.

Back