new potential owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triggerhappy007 said:
KYRGYZ said:
But still need last word from you guys, I'm not going to take it to cross country trips or even local trips, we have CR-V for that, this is going to be mainly our city/commuter/grocery getter and my toy, charging is across the street from my work, so 30 minutes in the morning and 30 morning after work charge should be OK I think, no big deal.

So, should I get one?
Need more info. How many miles between your home and office? Are the chargers Level 2 or CHAdeMO?

Btw, how much down are you paying? For leases, don't put anything down, have them roll it into the monthly payment. If your car gets totaled, you don't get that down payment back.
Currently 5 miles lol, with kids, daycare, some UPS runs maybe 7 miles one way. Not much. But in a month or so we are moving either 10 or 50 miles away so it kinda different. If we move 50 miles away that will be our own place with level 2 charging and solar, so even better. But if close it will be rental and I have to rely on public charging. We have chademo across the street, 50kw, Westfield Electrify America station

KYRGYZ said:
Triggerhappy007 said:
KYRGYZ said:
But still need last word from you guys, I'm not going to take it to cross country trips or even local trips, we have CR-V for that, this is going to be mainly our city/commuter/grocery getter and my toy, charging is across the street from my work, so 30 minutes in the morning and 30 morning after work charge should be OK I think, no big deal.

So, should I get one?
Need more info. How many miles between your home and office? Are the chargers Level 2 or CHAdeMO?

Btw, how much down are you paying? For leases, don't put anything down, have them roll it into the monthly payment. If your car gets totaled, you don't get that down payment back.
Currently 5 miles lol, with kids, daycare, some UPS runs maybe 7 miles one way. Not much. But in a month or so we are moving either 10 or 50 miles away so it kinda different. If we move 50 miles away that will be our own place with level 2 charging and solar, so even better. But if close it will be rental and I have to rely on public charging. We have chademo across the street, 50kw, Westfield Electrify America station
In that case, you're overestimating your charging time. If you charge a Plus for 30 minutes, you should get about 100 miles of range. You would only need to charge once or twice a week, not twice a day.

There is virtually no phantom drain on the main battery. If the weather is very cold (eg 0F) the battery will use some energy to heat itself otherwise, if you park it at 30% SOC, it will still be very close to 30% SOC a week later.

Back