New member/prospective new owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulbasaur

Hi all, I'm shopping for an SL+ in north Orange County, CA (the poor part of the OC, lol) and have a few good leads. I'm sure I'll be spending loads of time here after we seal the deal. :cool:

Great choice, i have a scarlette red SL Plus and we love the car. There are really no gotcha's other than the 12v battery which has been replaced twice under Nissan Warranty, but even without that it is a $200 repair. You should be seeing some pretty cheap prices on these given how much Tesla is dropping their prices in 3's and Y's. If this will be your only car you really need to install level 2 at home and know where you can charge. If you have charger and home and work this is best commuter car on the road, good quiet ride, nice screen and bose sound in SL Plus. I wouldn't buy anything but an SL Plus after having mine for 3 years.

I also own an SL+. This is my third LEAF and it is the best one yet. I agree with badq45t, if at all possible, include a level 2 at home charger in your plans. That is the only way I charge mine - simple, convenient, and cost effective.

A lot of people just assume you need a level 2 charger, but I've put 20,000 miles on my SL+ using nothing but a 110-volt outlet. The decision to go with a level 2 charger really depends on how many miles you tend to drive per day. From a standard outlet you will get about 5 miles of range for every hour of charging. If you can charge for 12 hours overnight, you can add 60 miles of range.

When I got my car I looked into our electricity supplier's level 2 charger plan. They offer cheaper rates if you charge overnight using their charger. But they also charge a monthly fee. I did the math based on my average driving, and it turned out it would take 13 years before I broke even for the cost of the charger, installation, and the monthly fee.

Back