New Member Intro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicedcar

Hi from sunny Florida

I read through a bunch of these posts before I leased my 2012 SL. Now that I am about to turn the car in I thought I would sign up and support the forum. I made the $30 donation through paypal, but I guess it takes a little while to show up.

I have enjoyed the car so much I have made myself a hobby of buying and selling used LEAFs. Mostly used 2012s and 2013s. If anyone has a question about the used LEAF market, let me know. I am in the Southeast and I just focus on this area of the country. I have learned a lot about the car business with this hobby.

Take care,

John Collins
juicedcar.com

juicedcar said:
Hi from sunny Florida

I read through a bunch of these posts before I leased my 2012 SL. Now that I am about to turn the car in I thought I would sign up and support the forum. I made the $30 donation through paypal, but I guess it takes a little while to show up.

I have enjoyed the car so much I have made myself a hobby of buying and selling used LEAFs. Mostly used 2012s and 2013s. If anyone has a question about the used LEAF market, let me know. I am in the Southeast and I just focus on this area of the country. I have learned a lot about the car business with this hobby.

Take care,

John Collins
juicedcar.com

Interesting 'hobby' --- many years ago, a friend of mine and I split the cost of a Triumph GT+6, fixed it up and sold it for some extra money; nothing like today and over the years, I've only ever 'made' money on 1 other British car (a late chrome bumper era MGB) that I restored myself, most others you spend too much making them 'perfect' and lose your 'investment' to the next owner. How do you make money on something that is depreciating 'faster' than the norm (at least according to the source listed below)?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/new...ic-cars-quick-guide-for-getting-the-best-deal

My goal is to provide the LEAF to my area and make enough money to cover the costs of the business (rent, fees, licenses, insurance, etc) The local Nissan dealer is not EV certified so there is unmet demand here.

When I leased my 2012 3 years ago I had to travel about 175 miles to pick it up and bring it back on a trailer. My friends and family thought I was nuts. Then when I decided to start selling them used, they thought I was nuts again. Now they are coming around.

The upside is that everyone I meet that buys a LEAF or is just interested in the cars is always super nice and friendly.

Back