New app "GreenCharge" from the makers of PlugShare

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pooch said:
Good idea about the password change.

Somebody did call me back from Xatori. He was surprised to hear of this behavior. I think they were expecting that people opt out of the text messages from Nissan and rely solely on GreenCharge. (But he did seem surprised that GreenCharge's request to Nissan for updated information would trigger a notification to me, but I think it's just that Nissan's servers aren't distinguishing between an update request from Carwings vs. GreenCharge, and I did opt in for text messages when I first set up Carwings.)

He said I could set the update frequency to "Disabled" so they wouldn't ask Nissan for updates every half-hour. But because I had already uninstalled, I went ahead and re-installed, re-entered my credentials, and Disabled the notifications. I'll wait a half-hour to see if that fixed it or if instead there are two user records for me in their database and one is still asking for updates every half-hour. If so, I'll have to change the password.

Thanks,

Phil
-----------------------------------
+1

Same experience. Clicking on the upper "Gear shaped icon, settings" and clicking on disable fixed the 30 minute update issues. Green Charge told me the fix via an email.

pooch said:
Now that the app is free, cheap ol' me installed it and set it up on my iPhone. Now every half-hour I get a text message from Nissan LEAF Alerts saying "Vehicle status updated." even though I didn't ask for an update. I uninstalled GreenCharge and I'm still getting the notifications. I've tried calling Xatori but they don't answer the phone.

If you want to keep your text stream meaningful and you don't want to turn off all text alerts from Nissan, I suggest you don't install this app.

Phil

I would reinstall the ap, verify it's working (and getting updates as well as generating the text message), THEN go into the settings and set REFRESH RATE to NEVER. After that, the only time it will update (and generate a text) is when you hit the round, green 'update arrow' in the upper right of the main screen.

If you still don't like the ap, you can remove it and since you told it to NEVER REFRESH, your problems should be over. But at least this way, you control when it updates.

Another reason to change your password is that they store it on their servers to allow proxy access to Carwings, or so it seems. One would hope it is at least encrypted before storing. While hackers are unlikely be very interested in draining your battery by turning climate control ON, the database, if compromised, can reveal passwords that many ppl tend to reuse over various sites.

Re-installing the app and disabling the 30-minute update has done the trick. I've also changed my password.

Thanks for all the advice!

Phil

Valdemar said:
Another reason to change your password is that they store it on their servers to allow proxy access to Carwings, or so it seems. One would hope it is at least encrypted before storing. While hackers are unlikely be very interested in draining your battery by turning climate control ON, the database, if compromised, can reveal passwords that many ppl tend to reuse over various sites.

+1
I knew that my credentials were being stored after returning from a trip and seeing that the program had updated data from a time that I knew I was out of WIFI range. The app showed my car unplugged etc.

This is not okay with me. I don't recall being informed that they would be storing my logon information on their servers, I don't recall giving them permission to unilaterally request and store my data and I want that private information purged.

It seems like the only major useful thing this is good for is the log book. No way I want to regularly "share" my carbon offset or money saved on facebook/twitter. That stuff can really get annoying after a while for friends/followers/

Version History
GreenCharge 1.1 February 21st 2012
Improvements and bug fixes.
New International support
New Manual refresh
Fixed Improved logbook accuracy

GreenCharge 1.0 January 31st 2012
New Connect with your Nissan Leaf or Chevy Volt
New Check charging status at a glance
New View your vehicle history in the Logbook
New See your environmental contribution

Any know/recall how long it took for the vehicle history logbook area to show up?

screenshot1M.png
screenshot2M.png

http://www.greenchargeapp.com/#tab-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scottf200 said:
Any know/recall how long it took for the vehicle history logbook area to show up?

screenshot1M.png
screenshot2M.png

http://www.greenchargeapp.com/#tab-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been using it since April 24th, and I still have no log-book info. The only portion that works is the 'range and charge' info. :/

Jimmydreams said:
scottf200 said:
I've been using it since April 24th, and I still have no log-book info. The only portion that works is the 'range and charge' info. :/
I heard back from their support:
We removed the log due to a number of complaints about accuracy. We may bring it back in future versions.
MyVolt.COM has added back in charging, mileage, and efficiency details very recently so that will work for me.
See screenshots: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=193561#p193561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back