New app "GreenCharge" from the makers of PlugShare

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some features work, like the battery percentage and the range indicator.

The calculators seem to work but it's pulling false data from the server. It says I've driven 22 miles today but I have yet to leave the house!

I like the new app. It has its issues, but they seem to be getting fixed. Its nice to have an "auto update" with the icon badge showing percent of charge. The daily mileage logbook appears correct as of the past few days.... As opposed to Feb 1st when I drove 322 miles :roll: Hearing the car beep occasionally as it responds is getting a little old. I wonder if I can turn off the beep sound? Now I only use the Nissan app to pre heat or charge past 80%. No more "you need to log in again" over and over.

Thanks Plug Share...

GPowers said:
So you are paying 10 bucks to get the same info that is in carwings?

I haven't bought it, but it should provide more info then the Nissan LEAF app. Oh, and you cannot access the CarWings site from the iphone.

I'll probably give this app a whirl once if gets cleaned up...or just make my own data collection on my UNIX server. :)

I have a permanent link in my iPhone that takes me to the CARWINGS site, no login required.

I created it by logging in from the desktop computer, right click on the link to open the CARWINGS window and saved the link in my bookmarks.

I was more than happy to pay $10 for the app, if only to support a developer engaged in the EV community. They are not going to get rich off this, but it gives us a new way to look at our charge data. Like cars, apps are toys. You can live without them, more cheaply and efficiently even. But technology is a living organism and you need to feed it. Ok I'm mixing metaphors now.

I just like the home screen app icon badge that shows SOC. I do wish it updated in the background without having to open the app though.

greencharge.png

amtoro said:
Is it really a precise SOC or is it like in the owners portal where it goes in increments of about 7 or 8%?

It is a really precise SOC. It tells you the number of electrons in your batteries.

JustinC said:
I was more than happy to pay $10 for the app, if only to support a developer engaged in the EV community.

I would be happy to pay $20 if it was available for Symbian or Maemo/Meego :)

dyyuan said:
bought the app, used it for two days so far, it said i drove for over 328 miles yesterday...

and already clocked in 158 miles today...

pretty sure i didn't drive that much even if i wanted to.

emailed support and hope to hear back soon, maybe it has something to do with the carwing outage.

My mileage numbers in GreenCharge have been wildly off, too, and bear little relation to reality

Is anyone running GreenCharge on an iPod Touch? I am, but the screens don't look the way the Apple app store says they should. I have two blank screens and one screen with the charge SOC meter overlapped by the multi-vehicle cost comparison screen. These appear to be permanently overlapped, no matter what I do. I can never get to the opening screen with just the SOC meter showing.

Xatori, or Armen, can you help?

Now that the app is free, cheap ol' me installed it and set it up on my iPhone. Now every half-hour I get a text message from Nissan LEAF Alerts saying "Vehicle status updated." even though I didn't ask for an update. I uninstalled GreenCharge and I'm still getting the notifications. I've tried calling Xatori but they don't answer the phone.

If you want to keep your text stream meaningful and you don't want to turn off all text alerts from Nissan, I suggest you don't install this app.

Phil

Heh, me thinking good I don't have an iPhone, if I did I would have probably already wasted $10 dollars on this app by now and was receiving status updated messages I didn't request ;)

If you uninstalled the app and it's still accessing your Carwings account then change your password. The app won't be able to access your account with the wrong password.

Good idea about the password change.

Somebody did call me back from Xatori. He was surprised to hear of this behavior. I think they were expecting that people opt out of the text messages from Nissan and rely solely on GreenCharge. (But he did seem surprised that GreenCharge's request to Nissan for updated information would trigger a notification to me, but I think it's just that Nissan's servers aren't distinguishing between an update request from Carwings vs. GreenCharge, and I did opt in for text messages when I first set up Carwings.)

He said I could set the update frequency to "Disabled" so they wouldn't ask Nissan for updates every half-hour. But because I had already uninstalled, I went ahead and re-installed, re-entered my credentials, and Disabled the notifications. I'll wait a half-hour to see if that fixed it or if instead there are two user records for me in their database and one is still asking for updates every half-hour. If so, I'll have to change the password.

Thanks,

Phil

Back