New app "GreenCharge" from the makers of PlugShare

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafFanatic

Hello everyone--

This is Armen from Xatori, the company behind PlugShare. We are excited to announce a new app today called GreenCharge! GreenCharge offers a new way to view your usage, charging cost, and environmental contribution for your Nissan Leaf. Check it out here:

http://www.greenchargeapp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The app costs $10 and works on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Let me know what you guys think!

Armen

coqui -- I'm guessing you don't have the same philosophy with cars :D

TonyWilliams -- It gets the info from CarWings, so it works as long as your device has a wifi or data connection.

How often does it poll Carwings for the data?

What features are planned for future updates?

I downloaded it right away, and I like it - especially the home screen icon badge indicating the SOC.

LeafFanatic said:
TonyWilliams -- It gets the info from CarWings, so it works as long as your device has a wifi or data connection.

So, my battery percentage will be reported as CarWings does? i.e., 100%, 92%, 83%, etc.?

Or like the text message service I use which shows 100%, 99%, 98%, 97%, etc.?

I use the Carwings LEAF app mainly to pre-heat or pre-cool my car. I use it pretty much every morning before I go to work. This new GreenCharge app would not be useful for me because it can't be used for that purpose.

JustinC -- our server polls CarWings every 5 minutes so you don't have to wait for the SOC to update every time you open the app.

We are thinking about a number of features to add. What would you like to see?

Armen

LeafFanatic said:
JustinC -- our server polls CarWings every 5 minutes so you don't have to wait for the SOC to update every time you open the app.

Armen

Have you checked this with Nissan? I assume they did it the way they did for a reason. I can't imagine they will be happy with 100 times as much data usage as they expected.

[/quote]

Have you checked this with Nissan? I assume they did it the way they did for a reason. I can't imagine they will be happy with 100 times as much data usage as they expected.[/quote]

Yeah - given that they're going to start charging for that same information after 3 free years I seriously doubt that this app is paying proper licensing fees for using the same information. This may be a very short-lived app.

Just a little clarification:
Does your app give SOC percentages in the same ~7% blocks of Nissan's iPhone app or in 1% increments of Nissan's Owner website?

Spindoctor said:
Yeah - given that they're going to start charging for that same information after 3 free years I seriously doubt that this app is paying proper licensing fees for using the same information. This may be a very short-lived app.

You'd still have to pay for carwings to use this app but 100s of texts and many megabytes of data everyday will likely cost nissan more than they were planning on charging for carwings.

saintyohann said:
Just a little clarification:
Does your app give SOC percentages in the same ~7% blocks of Nissan's iPhone app or in 1% increments of Nissan's Owner website?

7%

This looks pretty nice, but $10 is just too much. Apps like this are supposed to be in the $0-2 range, maybe $5 if it's really super awesome. Decrease the price, and I'll get it (along with others, I'm sure).

I tried this app today and it did not go well :( After a couple of trips I tried to see the log and it still doen't have enough data. The charge % was showing. Later after plugging in at home I checked and it didn't show i was plugged in. So I ran the Nissan App and see it has an update time of when I ran Green Charge app, not when I last updated with the Nissan App. Now my Nissan App and the Owners portal can't get communicate with the car at all. Carwings on the Navi connects to the data center just fine. I changed my password to keep Green Charge from updating from the server every 5 minutes, maybe that will fix it! Anyone else try it?

I don't think it's the GreenCharge app. I'm having issues with the iphone app and I am not running GreenCharge. I went to the Nissan website and cannot get an update on my car either. CarWings itself seems fine.

Back