Need steel wheels, Where can I buy them?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gozer

Leaf Supporting Member
Tire Rack USED to have winter tires mounted on steelies but I cant find them anywhere now. No salvage yards around me ( upstate NY) have any leafs at all. Anyone got a supplier? What other cars have compatible rims?

I got a set of snows on alloy rims for a WRX that were bang on... there might be steelies with the right specs from Subie sources.

My compact spare came from a 2007 Quest. Maybe there are steelies for that.

I think at least the Juke, Sentra and Versa have pretty much the same suspension as the Leaf. IIRC Altima and Maxima spare wheels fit the Leaf so their normal wheels should as well. And I know for a fact the Rogue Sport ( or Qashqai as it’s known this side of the pond) ships with identical wheels to the Leaf (at least here), but those all seem to have alloys.

The price of steel is up high enough that if you find steel wheels, they might be similar in price or more expensive than getting cheap alloy wheels for many applications. That's what I was told at a tire shop that I've been using for years when I was trying to do something different. I ended up getting a set of used Juke alloys for $120 from Offerup that I've been using for my snow tires. They have been perfect over the last two winters.

I bought my steelies on Amazon, I dropped to a 14" wheel so I could put UTV tires on them but you can get 16 or 17 inch wheels pretty cheap also. Make sure the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 (5x4.5 is the same thing. Either will work fine) and pay attention to the offset. The stock wheels had a +40mm offset. If you get a 0 or a negative offset your wheels will stick out a bit more and may rub the fenders when you turn. The link below will fit a Leaf.

17" x 6.5" +39mm offset with 5x4.5 bolt pattern.
https://a.co/d/7tya2Q8

You can see what I did to mine here
https://mynissanleaf.com/posts/642280/

Back