NC Leaf Owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tt2007 said:
Still no car. They said we will have it by last Friday or today. Now they are saying once they have it wholesaled, it will take 2 to 3 days for shipping. Already got my caring PIN and password. Feel a little bait and switch at the moment.
That sucks. Who is the "they" you are talking about? The dealer? I wonder where they were getting their information from. What does your dashboard say?

tt2007 said:
I am getting conflicting answers about Carwing. Maybe someone here know the answer. When does the 3 yrs Carwing service kicks in? At the moment I accept the agreement online to obtain the PIN and Password? Or after I enter the pin and password into the car's system?

Just trying to figure out if we are losing the Carwing days while waiting for the Leaf.
Not at all. The 3 years starts at the moment you type your user/password into the car's NAV system. You'll get an e-mail at that point saying that the clock is ticking!

That sucks. Who is the "they" you are talking about? The dealer? I wonder where they were getting their information from. What does your dashboard say?

The dealer. No idea. They told me they found three cars match what I am looking for at the port. Their regional manager was visiting the dealer that day, so they said they told the regional manager they want that car transfer. And we signed all the paperwork at late afternoon.

What is the "dashboard"? I order it via the dealer.

Thanks for the info about Carwing.

tt2007 said:
What is the "dashboard"? I order it via the dealer.
Oh, okay. The dashboard is the web page that has your order information if you ordered it online. Since you went outside of that process I guess you're stuck dealing with the dealer. Hopefully they can get you the car you want shortly.

So what has been the experience so far with Raleigh's new EV parking ordinance? Has it helped matters?

I parked downtown on the 10th (the day it officially went into effect, but before the new signage had been posted), but as is usual for the time I usually go down (6pm weeknight), the spots were completely free.

lpickup said:
Revenge of the Electric Car screening @ UNC Chapel Hill:

April 18, 2012 at 6:30pm in Bingham Hall 103

http://uncsustainability.blogspot.com/2012/03/revenge-of-electric-car-film-screening.html

Will this one be better than the last attempt? Well this one seems to be hosted by a group with more of a vested interest in the film, and features a guest speaker. I've been in contact with her and she's definitely going!

Just a reminder to folks that this is tonight....and I hope to see you there!

--Sarah

Here is my attempt at a map for those not familiar with the UNC campus. According to the campus maps I've seen, there are two visitor parking options that I've circled in red. I'm planning on parking in the one on the upper left, known as "Swain Parking Lot". You can google it, click on the Google Maps link and send the destination to your LEAF (I don't have the actual address, but it's off Cameron Ave). The last time I was over there there was an event going on at Memorial Hall and they charged me $5 to park. Hopefully that's not the case this time!

Bingham Hall is the building circled in green.

Attachments

• revenge_unc.png
    revenge_unc.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 42
I'm a little confused about the WF parking. The sign says reserved for EV parking only. Can't the "owner/manager" tow cars off property that don't follow instructions. I've seen lots of signs on private property saying what was allowed and what was not. It seems to me WF just doesn't want to bother with it. I'm sure my Leaf would get towed for parking at a gas pump for an hour even though there is no sign saying I can't park there.

I have no idea about what they can and cannot legally do with respect to towing, and what type of signs/warnings would be required even if they intended to start towing vehicles. I suspect that at a bare minimum they could not legally have a vehicle towed at the owner's expense (sure, they might be able to tow it at THEIR expense, but I'm sure they're not THAT dedicated that they would do that!) without some kind of specific signage that indicates such.

However, I do think you hit the nail on the head when you said they don't want to deal with it. Whether it's because they don't want to spend the resource to have people enforce it, or they don't want to piss off their customers, I'm not sure. The best we can do is to keep putting a bug in a manager's ear every time we are there so they know that we EV owners do make up a real part of their clientele and having charging stations that are just sitting there unable to be used because they are ICEd completely defeats the purpose of their "green" message (particularly if the people parking there are parked in giant SUVs with their engine running!)

lpickup said:
So what has been the experience so far with Raleigh's new EV parking ordinance? Has it helped matters?

I parked downtown on the 10th (the day it officially went into effect, but before the new signage had been posted), but as is usual for the time I usually go down (6pm weeknight), the spots were completely free.

First time downtown since tge ordinance with the Leaf yesterday. Charging spaces in the garage were EMPTY at 7:00 am. Was also greeted by this sign:

http://pbckt.com/pK.NVoalL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Duct tape was a nice touch, hopefully they will come back and secure it before it ends up on the ground.

I took my LEAF in to work today and parked in the EV parking area (they provide 4 120V outlets in reserved spots). Here is what I found:

Photo0284.jpg

Photo0285.jpg

Photo0286.jpg

The EV trike can do 75mph and comes in some really cool colors, but wow, it costs $29,995!

We went to see a movie at North Hills in Raleigh tonight and both EV parking spots were open. However, when we tried to use the charging stations neither one was working -- the red wrench icon was showing on both stations. The instructions said that indicated a malfunction. I wanted to report the problem but there's no phone number to call. Anyone know how to report a malfunction in North Hills.

Thanks

kao said:
Anyone know how to report a malfunction in North Hills.

Thanks

http://www.northhillsraleigh.com/index.php?view=interior&page=contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Atebit said:
kao said:
Anyone know how to report a malfunction in North Hills.

Thanks

http://www.northhillsraleigh.com/index.php?view=interior&page=contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Good Idea. I found their email address and sent them an email this morning suggesting they post a phone number to call. Already got a response:
North Hills said:
Thanks for making us aware Kelly. So sorry that happened. Posting a phone #
is an excellent idea. The units are monitored and someone alerted when/if
this occurs.

We appreciate the feedback and suggestion and look forward to seeing you
again at North Hills.

I was pretty impressed that they responded so quickly. Hopefully the chargers are back up and running.

The NCPEV task force meeting is set for June 19 at the Kernersville Botanical Gardens.

I'm trying to decide whether to take the LEAF.

I'm seeing if they can arrange for portable charging stations to be available, as this journey would absolutely require a good 5-6 hours of charging at that end. It will be quite the journey, but I think I have a plan that will take 4 charging stops: 1 at the Triad end, 1 in Durham ATC for a late dinner, and 2 more at the Alamance rest stops. Total distance: just over 191 miles and 15 hours of elapsed time.

I've got two questions for the community:

1) Are there others that may be interested in going that will need charging? If so I'll let the organizers know about this need and make sure there are enough temporary charging stations available, if it's a possibility at all.

2) Are there any MNLers that live in the area that would be willing to let me charge and give me a ride to the meeting? I saw two home charging stations on plugshare. Not sure if you are on the forum or not. I'll see if I get a response here and if not then I'll send them a message via plugshare.

Just got done charging station assessment with contractors. Now waiting for the contract from Duke Energy. Leaf arrived at the dealer two days ago, will get it this Saturday.

FYI, Duke Energy is closing the pilot program soon if not already. As of two weeks ago, they have 105 installs total.

-TT

tt2007 said:
Just got done charging station assessment with contractors. Now waiting for the contract from Duke Energy. Leaf arrived at the dealer two days ago, will get it this Saturday.

FYI, Duke Energy is closing the pilot program soon if not already. As of two weeks ago, they have 105 installs total.

-TT

They are really responsive and their contractor seems to be too. Got my work authorization in today.

As a side note lieth now has 2 leafs on the lot and available for walk in purchase.

tt2007 said:
Wow, what are they doing for a full week? All they need to do is spend about 2 hours cleaning it up for you! I had mine the day after it arrived at the dealer.

tt2007 said:
Yes, heard it closed already.

lpickup said:
Wow, what are they doing for a full week? All they need to do is spend about 2 hours cleaning it up for you! I had mine the day after it arrived at the dealer.

We are just too busy this week, have to wait till the weekend. They said they could deliver to us, but we are swamp this week.

What does this upcoming (june 19th tuesday) NCPEV meeting about? Open to the public?

-TT

Back