National Plug In Day this weekend - how can you help

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBlueLeaf

I am working as a volunteer with Plug In America this year to spread the National Plug In Day information.

This years events are shaping up to be huge. We are on track to have over 4k attendees signed up before the weekend and we know that lots of attendees make day-of decisions to attend an event with many stumbling upon the events at the great locations chosen.

How can you help:

1) Point friends and family to http://www.pluginday.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to sign up for the events. Accurate numbers help a bunch for planning purposes as sites like the one we have in Seattle will be offering free lunch (BBQ) to attendees.

2) Share the event you are attending on Facebook. We have a link on each Event page to easily "Share".

3) Take pictures and video of the event you attend and share via Instagram and Facebook with the Hashtag #NPID2013 and the location of the event. This will help us locate your pictures and video and share them with everyone else.

4) Welcome people as they arrive at the event. Introduce yourself and be an EVangelist.

Thanks

Patrick

PS - I am also a very early LEAF owner (1/18/2011) with several contributions from 2010 and 2011 time frame on here. Sadly, I have not been on the forums much in the last year but I am pleased to see the growth in the forums and the helpful attitudes continuing.

I attended last year, and plan to attend again on Sunday at the Chattanooga market.
I still love the 2011 LEAF, and will gladly tell people the many positives.
Unfortunately we now know a whole lot more about the negatives. :cry: :eek: :shock:
I'll share that too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's going to be a very disappointing 1st year for Kansas City, unfortunately, due to the weather. The rain is forecast to move in just before the event, continue for its duration and then clear out - what luck. I can't imagine people will come or stay long in the rain. So much for the guest speakers, bands and Concert for the Climate. I had registered my car and still plan to attend; here's to hoping the forecast changes.

We also have rain forecast for Saturday here in Dallas. I just hope it doesn't move in until after the event which takes place in the morning. We'll see.

Weather will be great in our nations capital. We're having six satellite events Saturday in the Baltimore/Washington area, and one big one Sunday in front of the US Capitol, like we did last year. Details at http://www.evadc.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rumpole said:
Weather will be great in our nations capital. We're having six satellite events Saturday in the Baltimore/Washington area, and one big one Sunday in front of the US Capitol, like we did last year. Details at http://www.evadc.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll be at the Herndon event on Saturday with the whole family. The weather should be perfect on Saturday and Friday should be perfect for washing and detailing the LEAF!

One question I have is what type of signage people will be putting on their LEAFs, if any. I will be arriving early as I need to charge while there, but if/when I get the charger, the car will be in a high-traffic location, but a bit away from the other cars. Any ideas on signage will be appreciated!

I guess I will see some of you on Saturday!

Will be at Long Beach and Diamond Bar on Saturday. Might go on Sunday to Northridge... depends on if I'm doing family stuff or not. :)

Anyone in Eastern Washington (Tri-Cities, Columbia Basin area) reading this, we are having a rather informal gathering at Richland Library, 955 Northgate, Richland, WA at 3 - 5 PM on Sunday the 29th. We had fifteen EV's at last month's meeting; looking for more this time.
Search on "MCEVA" or PM me for more information.
Bill Peterson
V.P., Mid-Columbia Electric Vehicle Association
Yahoo group: MCEVA

Here in Upstate NY, the forecast is excellent, but knowing the locals I'll be genuinely surprised if we get a really good turnout. I've been riding two-wheeled EVs for over a decade here, and the only person who asked about one before this Summer thought my ZEV scooter was gas-powered. I'll be much less surprised if a bunch of Harley and/or Muscle Car riders turn up out of curiosity, and stink & noise-pollute the place up....

eclecticflower said:
It's going to be a very disappointing 1st year for Kansas City, unfortunately, due to the weather. The rain is forecast to move in just before the event, continue for its duration and then clear out - what luck. I can't imagine people will come or stay long in the rain. So much for the guest speakers, bands and Concert for the Climate. I had registered my car and still plan to attend; here's to hoping the forecast changes.

We have rain in the forecast here in Seattle as well (but hey - we are Seattle). We have some tents planned to keep the rain off people's heads in the booths and many of us will have umbrella's at the ready.

Thanks for attending and enjoy.

rumpole said:

I'll be looking for posts and pictures to share from these great events tomorrow. Thanks for helping to make it a big success. We are nearly at 5000 people signed up to attend as of Friday. #NPID2013

I'm a bit shocked that there are MORE Tesla Model S EVs registered at our event than LEAFs (and Volts are even lower)! It seems Tesla may have a more even distribution of their product around the U.S. than Nissan.

I'm turning in. The LEAF was filthy, but it looks decent now!

My Local event is scheduled for Sunday the 29th and the weather here is going to be perfect 72 degrees, sunny with 8mph winds. I wish I could carry my StreetStrider with me to the event.

Ours is being held at Liberty Science Center. The center has 12 EVSEs that they said we can use and parking has been paid in full by a contributor.

There are 29 Vehicles scheduled to attend and 71 people!

http://www.pluginday.org/event.php?eventid=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tomorrow I am going to buy a mirror to put under my car to show off my spare tire ;)

Sal

There are 5 LEAFs at ours and 5 Tesla S's

RegGuheert said:
I'm a bit shocked that there are MORE Tesla Model S EVs registered at our event than LEAFs (and Volts are even lower)! It seems Tesla may have a more even distribution of their product around the U.S. than Nissan.

I'm turning in. The LEAF was filthy, but it looks decent now!

RegGuheert said:
I'm a bit shocked that there are MORE Tesla Model S EVs registered at our event than LEAFs (and Volts are even lower)!
Not too surprising. The two or three suburban counties adjacent to Washington, DC have the highest average income in the US!! :D :D

I don't have the official numbers, but my sons and I counted the following at the Herndon event:

Tesla Model S - 12
Chevy Volt - 12 (One modded to look like an Ampera!)
Nissan LEAF - 6
Tesla Roadster - 4
Fiskar Karma - 2
Ford C-Max Energi - 2
Audi A3 e-tron (Demonstration BEV) - 2

Overall, we had a great day. Nice weather, but not too much sun. We had a really nice time.

Tesla owned the event with the Model Ss and Roadsters combined. Chevrolet had a great showing of Volts. Frankly, I thought there was a real dearth of LEAFs at the event. There were three fewer there than registered, but I think all nine may have been there, but at different times.

Thanks to Andrew, Vladi and Jeffrey for organizing! Great Job! (Hopefully I didn't miss anyone!)
Thanks to Robert and Co. at Mom's for sponsoring, providing the venue and the burgers! They were great!
Thanks to Andrew and (the Volt owner whom I don't remember her name, sorry!) for holding the charging stations for us to use!
Thanks to Andrew for the ride in the Model S! Awesome! (The kids were a little woozy coming out of those jump seats!)
Thanks to Jeffrey for letting me use his ELM327 to read my battery capacity! (90.21% BTW)
Thanks to Audi for the test drive in the A3 Electric! (Decent car, but I prefer the LEAF. Sorry.)

I took a couple of photos with my phone. It must be getting old because the pictures are all washed out. Here are a few anyway:

2013_Herndon_VA.jpg
Part of the gaggle of EVs.

Kids_in_Model_S.jpg
Kids in the trunk of a Model S.

Volt_Ampera.jpg
Chevy Volt with Ampera kit. Pretty cool! (Is it now a Chevy Watt?)

Here's some photos from the Dallas event. I think more people would have turned up but we had rain on its way, as you can see in the clouds.
8758B4A1-F325-4275-944B-2F13FE2CB6CA-4526-00000575A0838BFC_zps2699c2af.jpg

AEF4BB7D-3E57-4908-9A82-7E3A6B88037B-4526-00000575AE661FE7_zps243b7de2.jpg

8C477F69-B350-43FC-AC6A-D30D994CCDDC-4526-00000575B6017322_zpsa6a3fe53.jpg

D8F99EC2-026E-43B9-B049-6E356C48F29C-4526-00000575BD623AD4_zps545939cf.jpg

CEDB0E43-E794-4295-9DB2-B0880E26DB93-4526-00000575C6CA8EE8_zps8484a2b5.jpg

67DB7CC2-0C58-46C7-91C6-2F89AD2C87F3-4526-00000575CEAC59FC_zps52480f72.jpg

North Jersey / Jersey City was a success as well with around 25 cars. The weather was perfect and the Liberty Science Center staff were very happy that we were there. They said that every visitor was talking about the Electric Vehicles as they walked into the main building.

I didn't take too many pics, here are a few:

pid2013a.jpg

PID2013b.jpg

PID2013c.jpg

PID2013d.jpg

PID2013e.jpg

PID2013f.jpg

PID2013g.jpg

PID2013h.jpg

Back