Nashville/Middle TN LEAF Gathering -- August 28th, 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Ralph! Weather still looks good so I don't expect any issues. If anyone has a scanner they can listen on 118.5 for the approach and control tower (if it's open).

Currently sitting at our meetup location charging the LEAF. There are some landscapers here trimming some of the trees, so I hope that's not the only reason the EVSEs are on.

We're having a nice picnic while the LEAF gets a boost from the solar assisted chargers. Such a nice day :)

TNleaf said:
Currently sitting at our meetup location charging the LEAF. There are some landscapers here trimming some of the trees, so I hope that's not the only reason the EVSEs are on.

We're having a nice picnic while the LEAF gets a boost from the solar assisted chargers. Such a nice day :)

Wow me and my LEAF envy you guys - we have to work - but tomorrow we'll have a blast at the Smyrna Solar Assisted charge site too right around or before 1:00 PM - actually around 11:30 AM depending on our Australian Visitor to be clearing
Customs at the Smyrna International Airport.... :)

Ralph

Made it here. Chargers are online. (1 of the 9 appears to not work, "Self Test Failed")

see you all soon!

Sorry I missed the gathering. I got busy doing other things around the house and forgot about it until it was too late. I really hate that I missed it. My only consolation is that the yard got mowed and the roof got fixed. :) Hope I can make the next one.

Brad

We ended up having 10 LEAFs total. Not bad at all for our first meetup!

I got too busy talking to take pictures (woulda been with my phone) so hopefully others will be nice enough to upload their pictures.

Very nice to meet everyone!

Great gathering and a bunch of really friendly folks. LEAF drivers are just swell folks :)

Read all about it on my blog, pics etc available. If anyone is pictured and would rather not be, just let em know and I'll pull the image.

http://wp.me/p1sK3k-3G

Ralph, thank you for putting that together. I really liked seeing Nissan's facility, and it was neat seeing all 5 LEAF colors charging at once.

my79gs

sz9ies

hre196

uw97dh

cqtw9q

TennLeafer said:
Ralph, thank you for putting that together. I really liked seeing Nissan's facility, and it was neat seeing all 5 LEAF colors charging at once.

Yes I second the thanks to Ralph for conceiving and pulling it together.

Had a blast today, meeting you all. Thanks for answering so many of my questions! That was cool, seeing so many Leafs in one place. Hopefully at our next meet up, mine will be there, too. Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Happy to report that I got there and back without any problems. :)

The 15mph headwind made the trip to Smyrna quite a bit longer than I'd planned; I was expecting 2 hrs and it took nearly two and a half. But that 15 mph headwind had changed to a 20 mph tailwind for my trip home so I literally zoomed home... 1.7 hours flight time.

THANK YOU Ralph for organizing this get-together, taking the time to pick me up, do lunch, make the meeting, and finally take me back to the airfield.
It was a real treat to meet up with all the folks that until now I only had names for. I made this comment at the meeting and will be happy to re-iterate it here: It's great to see a lot of younger folks buying these cars; it proves that the car will work for all kinds of folks.

It was especially cool to see LEAFs of all colors there, and it reinforced my choice of white. Checking out all the accessories also helped me make the right choices there too. It's nice that a bunch of folks have done the trailblazing for us, and that makes it easier for the tier 2 folks. Thank you to everyone there who related their experiences, did demonstrations and some show-and-tells. This was a great meeting and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next one. Hopefully the weather will be as kind as it was today.

Cheers, Bert (the one with the funny accent!)

Eleafgrrl said:
Had a blast today, meeting you all. Thanks for answering so many of my questions! That was cool, seeing so many Leafs in one place. Hopefully at our next meet up, mine will be there, too. Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Eleafgrrl,

I'm glad you made it too! I know you were trying to decide if the drive was worth it, I hope we made it worth your while! :) It was a pleasure to meet you! A bunch of us are in the same boat, waiting for LEAFs, but it looks like you'll be one of the lucky ones to get one first. Lucky to be in a tier 1 state!

I'm in a tier 2 state so I'll wait a while for mine but this meeting really reinforced my decision and I'll just have to be patient. Sigh. I can't wait for it to be here quickly enough.

Cheers, Bert

It appears that this Gathering of LEAFs was a success, and getting
another LEAF-Gathering scheduled soon will better allow others to
twist their weekend schedules to fit.

Good Work!

I have found that a location with food, air conditioning, ample parking,
and flexible sit-down comfort is a big hit. If you are not near chargers,
it limits those who can do the round-trip (or ride-share, or charge on
the way there or home). In that case, you might need a western and
eastern meeting location.

In any case, CHEERS, Gary

Eleafgrrl said:

Your delivery date is THIS CLOSE eleaf

Greenbriar, that will be a good trip for the LEAF down to Smyrna if we chose that location again. I had 4 bars left when I stopped at Goodlettsville (though I did stop off in downtown Nashville on the way back). I couldn't get the chargepoint charger to come on at the library there in Godlettsville, my card isn't activated yet dag-nab-it. Had plenty to get home anyway. You may want to get a Chargepoint RFID card since the Goodlettsville library isn't that far from you.

Look forward to you bringing the LEAF instead of the guzzler next time!!

I also had a great time seeing all. Hope to get together soon. This was a wonderful place to meet. I stopped on my way home from Church. Jim Tubbs

Back