MY11 & MY12 LEAF Owner Loyalty Program $1,000 Bonus cash

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgonzalez

Team,
I own a 2011 Nissan Leaf and wish to sell my $1000 bonus cash reward for $500, so you will save $500 on your next Nissan car purchase.

Key Information:
•Offer valid on the purchase or lease of any new Nissan vehicle (excludes Infiniti)
•Offer is transferable to members of the household/immediate family
•Offer may be combined with any/all other offers available at the time of purchase
•Offer is limited to one transaction (one lease or one retail sale)
•Customer must provide their MY11 or MY12 Nissan LEAF VIN
Program Period:
Program begins March 1, 2013

So, according to item 2, you can transfer this benefit to members of your immediate family. Are you using this forum to communicate with members of your immediate family? If you're trying to sell it to others, I don't understand how this could work.

Dealers do not care, who purchases the car, back in early 2011, I sold my Leaf reservation (I was not ready to buy at that time) to a gentleman who wanted a LEAF ASAP, I just met the person at the dealership and forfeit the purchase which created an orphaned, so he was able to buy. the same thing goes with the $1000 bonus cash, all the dealer wants is the LEAF vin number and a copy of the registration (I called a dealer to validate).

why does feel sleazy to me?

no one gets hurt but the dealership, but it still doesn't feel right. it is not at all like selling your reservation on the early list.

i guess it is just part of good old american ingenuity to take an offer that is supposed to reward loyalty and turn it into Benjamins.

what ever happened to ethics?

vgonzalez said:
Dealers do not care, who purchases the car, back in early 2011, I sold my Leaf reservation (I was not ready to buy at that time) to a gentleman who wanted a LEAF ASAP, I just met the person at the dealership and forfeit the purchase which created an orphaned, so he was able to buy. the same thing goes with the $1000 bonus cash, all the dealer wants is the LEAF vin number and a copy of the registration (I called a dealer to validate).

your dealer is a great example of greed

thankyouOB said:

no one gets hurt but the dealership, but it still doesn't feel right. it is not at all like selling your reservation on the early list.
Because it IS sleazy. It's defrauding Nissan. The dealer doesn't get hurt, he turns in the fraudulent paperwork and Nissan covers the $1000 discount.

Please let this thread wither and die.

Better yet, since the proposal clearly violates the terms of the offer, would some ethical moderator extinguish this thread entirely?

davewill said:
thankyouOB said:
Because it IS sleazy. It's defrauding Nissan. The dealer doesn't get hurt, he turns in the fraudulent paperwork and Nissan covers the $1000 discount.
+1

problem with the whole thing is that Nissan is not doing us a favor. they are doing it for the money and there is little doubt of that, so they will most likely take the money from anyone so guessing it could be very easy to pull this off.

the dealer scenario makes it even worse. Have had dealers in WA who are responsible for verifying the qualifications of anyone taking advantage of the program so I suspect this will happen frequently.

Since there is not expected to be a shortage of LEAFs, I am guessing this program will eventually be available to a wide variety of people anyway

Back