My first charge on Clippercreek with Liberty keypad

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbleakne

Leaf Supporting Member
I have had several charge events today and yesterday on the first Clippercreek unit I have seen with the Liberty access keypad. The unit is installed at Pepper Tree Inn in Santa Barbara where I am staying.

You request a key code from the motel's front desk, which is free to guests. They generate it from a Liberty account they have. You have to specify a time limit which becomes associated with the keycode.

You return to the unit and enter the key code to activate the unit. At the conclusion of the time interval you specified, the unit will terminate the charge and the key code will expire. If you unplug, the unit will shutoff, but it can be re-activated by re-entering the code if the interval has not yet expired.

The unit will work with timer override, but it won't work with a timer set with unspecified start time. To use a 80% timer, set the timer with a start time a few minutes in the future, plug in, and then enter the key code. This sequence worked for me.

This Clippercreek is a CS-100, indicating it could handle 80A, but the cable is labeled 10 gauge (30A) Strange.

Back