My experience with NorthBay Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabio

This month I leased my LEAF from NorthBay Nissan and I want to share my experience as a thank you to Ron Coury & his dealership.

First of all, throughout the long wait from September (when I agreed on the price) to March (when I finally got it) Ron has been always very responsive both via email and via phone, keeping me up to date (as much as he knew anyway).

When it came time to get the LEAF, I had a couple of unusual situations: I was accepted late (a week before delivery) into the eTec project and I wanted to do a one-payment lease.
The eTec project, and the whole ordeal about the $700 reimbursement for the QuickCharge port, was a bit frustrating (as eTec and the Nissan customer support line were telling me opposite stories on who was supposed to cut the check). Ron helped me through it and I got the check from Nissan as he promised.
The one-payment lease seemed to be a bit complex for the dealership as their computer program did not have that option. NorthBay Nissan worked it all out and even sent a driver 60 miles away to my home with the new papers.

I never had such a positive experience with a car dealership before. My thanks to Ron & all NorthBay Nissan!

We got our Leaf from Ron at North Bay Nissan with similar totally positive experience. Wonderful staff and superb followup. I ordered on 31 August and took delivery on 17 February.

I will likely be leasing a Leaf from them in June. What is a one payment lease? Do you get to avoid any money paid in interest that way? Any other advantages? Thanks.

no. no other advantages.
leafenvy said:
I will likely be leasing a Leaf from them in June. What is a one payment lease? Do you get to avoid any money paid in interest that way? Any other advantages? Thanks.

Fabio said:
NorthBay Nissan worked it all out and even sent a driver 60 miles away to my home with the new papers.
I never had such a positive experience with a car dealership before. My thanks to Ron & all NorthBay Nissan!
I sure hope they delivered the papers by driving a LEAF. I'd hate to think that any gasoline was burned in the process! :) :eek: :)

Seriously, it is funny, well ironic and tragic, to see that some of the early hydrogen fuel cell vehicles were getting their hydrogen delivered by a diesel truck. Kind of blows the the whole emissons benefits!

My Toyota RAV4 EV dealer keeps sending me coupons for a free oil change!

So as we go forward with our vehicles, we can politley point out to our dealers and others how to reasonable reduce the harmful emissions and carbon footprint of the services that support our LEAFs. That said, outstanding job by NorthBay Nissan!

Spies said:
Fabio said:
no. no other advantages.
Your decision to pay the lease in a lump sum intrigues me. Do you mind sharing why you chose to do this?

from what I understand (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), one would do this to take advantage of the $7500 federal tax credit up front, rather than waiting until next year to get that money back. Or, if you would not expect to get the full $7500 back depending on your personal tax circumstances--this way you get it rolled into the lease and the financing company takes the credit instead.

I am late in posting this (as I picked up my car last Thursday), but Ron, Randy and the folks at North Bay Nissan were so pleasant, I even bought the Extended Warranty. Which, along with a AAA Plus Membership, seems to be mandatory for this vehicle.

As soon as I tire of "Saving" the planet by driving around with my nails chewed down to the quick for fear of air conditioning, I will be back to buy a Nissan Quest and promise to nod my head approvingly whilst passing all Leaf drivers.

Back