My 2nd year Battery report.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As we have said over and over, with the Leaf it is all about location, location, location!

asinclair said:
I have a very early Leaf (vin 302) delivered 2/5/2011 and I have been getting a consistent 92.5% 260 gid 100% charge over the last two months. I still have all 12 bars showing and am coming up on 39,000 miles.

DougWantsALeaf said:
asinclair

what sort of climate do you live in? How hot/cold has the pack been exposed to?

Live in Marin County across the bridge from San Francisco (about 25 miles North of SF) and work in SF. Car is not garaged at home and is parked in an underground parking garage at work M-F for 9 hours a day. I charge to 80% on level 2 at home and about 65% on level 1 at work.

Temperatures here are nice, lows in the 40's during the winter and 70's-80's during the summer. A few really hot days in the 90's during the summer, but temperate otherwise. My battery temperature stays at 5 bars most of the time, but inches up to 6 on hot days - generally the same days I need to use the air conditioning in the car.

QueenBee said:
LEAFfan said:
EVDRIVER said:
My leaf has a VIN below 400. I have no loss of capacity and I drive it very hard. I don't worry about charing to 100% and IMO pack life is all about heat since mine is usually very cool.

By no loss of capacity, if you mean you still have 12 CBs, that makes sense. But there's no way that your BP has not lost at least 1%.

EVDriver, you are still getting 281 GIDs after every 100% charge?? I doubt that is even possible on a brand new car....

I have seen 281 recently and it varies between 278-280 lately but usually 280. I have one of the first cars with the hand built packs that were massaged during assembly. Plus I NEVER put my car in neutral, that is the secret.

EVDRIVER said:
QueenBee said:
EVDRIVER said:
My leaf has a VIN below 400. I have no loss of capacity and I drive it very hard. I don't worry about charing to 100% and IMO pack life is all about heat since mine is usually very cool.

EVDriver, you are still getting 281 GIDs after every 100% charge?? I doubt that is even possible on a brand new car....

I have seen 281 recently and it varies between 278-280 lately but usually 280. I have one of the first cars with the hand built packs that were massaged during assembly. Plus I NEVER put my car in neutral, that is the secret.

Hah, do the Kobe style batteries end up starting with a higher GID count when new? Pretty impressive that a battery this old is still charging like it is new.

I've got a 2011 and I've yet to see any loss as well. I get anywhere from 276-281 "gids" with a full charge, with 279 being most common. I almost always charge to 80%, then top off to full shortly before any trip I think I might need range on. At least once every 3-4 weeks, I let it roll to full and sit for at least 5 hours for it's top balance.

Car is parked inside in Berkeley in a relatively stable temperature and has about 8000 miles.

-Phil

Back