mushy suspension?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since some people are running 50psi (which I would NOT recommend) the max sidewall pressure seems less radical. I do 10-15% below the max listed pressure on the sidewall. I ended up leaving the Ecopias off this Spring, though (the snow tires actually handled much better!) and going with inexpensive Goodyear Eagle L/S tires. No regrets so far.

Really? It handles like a typical economy car with mediocre tires, compromised front suspension, and a twist beam rear axle...

N1ghtrider said:
I am on my second LEAF and my suspension feels nice and stiff (especially for a Japanese economy car). I brag on the handling.

LeftieBiker said:
Since some people are running 50psi (which I would NOT recommend) the max sidewall pressure seems less radical. I do 10-15% below the max listed pressure on the sidewall. I ended up leaving the Ecopias off this Spring, though (the snow tires actually handled much better!) and going with inexpensive Goodyear Eagle L/S tires. No regrets so far.

Check the results on PriusChat

kieranmullen said:
High is good. Max = uneven tire wear?
Sidewall max is generally considered fine. Higher tire pressures generally lead to more even tire wear unless you've got a very crappy radial.

TomT said:
Really? It handles like a typical economy car with mediocre tires, compromised front suspension, and a twist beam rear axle.
The '13+ LEAF is better than your '11.

EVDRIVER said:
LeftieBiker said:

Check the results on PriusChat

Could you be a bit more clear? What "results"?

Maybe http://priuschat.com/threads/low-rolling-resistance-replacement-tires-current-list.92778/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

cwerdna said:
Maybe http://priuschat.com/threads/low-rolling-resistance-replacement-tires-current-list.92778/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Thanks, but I still don't know why the first post was directed at me. I wasn't expecting the tires I'm using to be LRR, and didn't say anything about that. They are just decent, cheap tires that don't seem prone to mushiness or sidewall failure. They also aren't mentioned at PriusChat.

Back